BBQ Jackfruit Stuffed Sweet Potato
Looking for a great weeknight meal? Give this one a try. This savory and sweet meal will have you and your family or guests licking the plate. Surprisingly easy to make yet huge in the flavor department, this mixture is great on any number of things. However, we like sweet potatoes or russet potatoes because they don’t require a lot of fuss.
This recipe took on new heights with us ever since we started making our own BBQ sauce as well. The ability to control the ingredients we consume even down to the sauce brings added piece of mind while sitting down to eat. Please enjoy this great meal and let us know other ways you use it in your kitchen.
- 2-4 Medium Sweet Potatoes (or russet potatoes)
- 1 Can Jackfruit (Drained, Rinsed and Pulled Apart)
- 2 Cups BBQ Sauce (Try this recipe!)
- 1 Can Black Beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 Small or ½ a Large Cauliflower (Sliced into Thin Pieces)
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Medium Red Onion (3/4 Diced Small) (1/4 Sliced into Long Pieces)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro (Stems Discarded)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the potatoes until they are cooked to your liking. We usefully cook them for 40-60 minutes. The time will also vary depending on the size of your potatoes too.
- While the potatoes are cooking, wash and prepare the fresh vegetables. Drain and rinse the jackfruit and beans. Pull apart the jackfruit wedges into bite sized pieces.
- In an oven-safe skillet place 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté garlic and onions over medium/high heat until fragrant about 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet and continue to cook stirring frequently for another 3 minutes, until the cauliflower starts to become soft. Next add the jackfruit to the pan and stir to combine.
- Pour the BBQ sauce into the skillet and stir to coat. Cook on the stove top for an additional 3 minutes to heat the sauce and jackfruit.
- Transfer the skillet full of your BBQ into the oven with your potatoes for the final 10-15 minutes. While in the oven, the BBQ will thicken and the flavors will meld becoming an irresistible combination.
- Remove your potatoes and BBQ from the oven. Stir the black beans into the BBQ sauce and slice open the potatoes. Fill the potatoes with the BBQ and bean mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and fresh onion pieces.