Homemade Maple BBQ Sauce
Processed foods annoy me more and more these days. One of my biggest pet-peeves is being out shopping and reading a label only to see an ingredients list longer than a graduate thesis. I have never been afraid of trying to recreate things from the store in my kitchen, hummus, tahini and seitan. Especially if I think I can make it healthier. This is one of those items.
You can make this barbeque sauce spicier if you want, but this recipe has suited us nicely. We use this for several dishes. Look for upcoming recipes showcasing this sweet BBQ sauce soon! It truly is a never fail kitchen staple.
- 16 oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke (Optional)
- In a sauce pan over medium/high heat, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring continuously. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve as a condiment or marinade.