Kalamata Olive Hummus
Hummus recipes are a dime a dozen on the internet. We know. I can say without reservation that this is my very favorite flavor of hummus we make. And we make A LOT of hummus! If you are looking for something new, give this Kalamata olive hummus a try. If you like olives, you will not be disappointed.
The saltiness of the olives combined with the freshness of the parsley produces an amazing flavor. You can add more red pepper if you like it spicy, but I recommend letting the olives be the dominant flavor. We have made this hummus using other types of olives but ultimately, we always come back to the Kalamata. This hummus is great with your favorite Mediterranean dishes such as falafel or anything with eggplant or pita.
- 1 15oz Can of Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed, liquid Saved)
- 2 Tbsp. Tahini
- 1 Cup Kalamata Olives (Drained)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Handful Fresh Parsley (Stems Removed)
- 1 Lemon (Juiced)
- Wash and remove the leaves from the parsley. Drain the chickpeas and save the liquid. Rinse the chickpeas. Juice the Lemon.
- Place all ingredients into a blender excluding the chickpea liquid.
- Blend the hummus adding the chickpea liquid gradually until your desired consistency is acquired.
- Serve with anything from fresh vegetables to chips. We particularly pretzels with this hummus. But you truly can’t go wrong!