A sweet and spicy vegan protein made with whole food ingredients. This Air Fryer Spicy Mango Tempeh recipe is sure to be a favorite!
- 1 Large Mango (Peeled and Chopped with Pit Removed)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Peeled)
- 1 Inch Fresh Ginger (Peeled)
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Amino or Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Tapioca Starch
- 2 8 oz Packages Tempeh (Cubed)
- 1 Green Onion (Sliced Thinly, for Garnish)
- Prepare the mango, garlic and ginger as directed above. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place all of the ingredients, except the tempeh, into a blender and blend on high until smooth. Set the sauce aside.
- Cube the tempeh into 1 inch squares and carefully arrange in the air fryer. Allow to cook for 10-15 minute or until golden brown and crisp.
- Carefully, transfer the tempeh to a frying pan and place on the stove over medium heat.
- Pour enough sauce to coat the tempeh thoroughly. You may have left over sauce.
- Stir the tempeh until it is completely coated and the sauce is warm. Approx. 3 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with green onion and extra sauce if desired.
- If you have leftover sauce, it can be used as a salad dressing, served over grilled or roasted vegetables, or used to dress your own favorite plant-based protein.
- The tempeh can also be substituted with cubed tofu or seitan, if desired.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Air Fryer Tempeh Recipe, Spicy Mango Tempeh, Vegan Entree