Make this easy vegan oyster mushroom baked polenta on a busy weeknight for the ultimate homemade gourmet meal. It’s cheesy, rich, and satisfying!
- Place two racks in the oven, one low and one high, preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the separated mushrooms on a baking sheet along with the thyme sprigs and crushed garlic cloves. Pour the oil on top and toss to coat thoroughly, season with salt and pepper to taste. Place on the top rack of the oven.
- While the mushrooms roast, place a deep oven-safe pan on the stove. Pour in the water and let it come to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Once boiling, add the butter and a pinch of salt. Once the butter has melted, pour in the polenta and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to return to a simmer, cover and carefully place the dish into the lower rack of the oven. Allow to cook for 20 minutes.
- Flip the mushrooms after ten minutes. Once the time is done, remove the polenta from the oven and check for tenderness. Allow the polenta to cook for an additional 5 minutes if the texture is too hard. Check the mushrooms at this time as well.
- When the mushrooms are done to your liking, remove the garlic cloves from the baking sheet and mince. Return the minced garlic to the pan and combine with the roasted mushrooms.
- Once the polenta is done, carefully stir, making sure to stir the cooked polenta from the bottom of the pot thoroughly.
- Stir in the Parmesan until the polenta is smooth.
- Spoon the polenta onto serving plates and top with roasted mushrooms. Garnish with extra grated Parmesan cheese and fresh thyme leaves, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Oyster Mushroom Polenta, Vegan Baked Polenta Recipe, Easy Vegan Recipe