These Vegan Blackened Banana Blossom “Fish” filets are coated in a flavorful spice mixture and fried until crispy. Healthy and Delicious!
- 1 Tbsp Dulse Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Can Banana Blossoms
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the air fryer and preheat to 400°F
- Combine the spices in a large bowl or ziplock bag.
- Drain and rinse the banana blossoms. Thoroughly coat the banana blossoms in the spice mix by gently shaking them in the bag or adding them to the large bowl with the spices.
- Carefully add the coated banana blossoms to the preheated air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on salad or in tacos or fajitas. Leftover spice mix can be saved and used within 1 week. Remove any large clumps from the spice mix before saving.
- Cooked leftover blossoms can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Banana Blossom Recipe, Vegan Banana Blossom Fish, Vegan Air Fryer Fish