A flavorful appetizer or entree that’s crispy on the outside and pillowy on the inside. This Air Fryer Blackened Tofu is healthy yet indulgent!
- 1 14oz Package Extra firm Tofu (Pressed 30 Minutes)
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Remove the tofu from its package and transfer it to a tofu press. Additionally, if you do not have a tofu press, wrap the tofu brick in paper towels and place a heavy dish or pan on top. Allow to press for 30 minutes.
- While the tofu is being pressed, preheat the air fryer to 400° F.
- Once the tofu has pressed, cut the brick into 1 inch by 1 inch squares.
- Combine the seasonings into a reusable or plastic bag. Add the tofu and shake to coat the tofu completely.
- Carefully place the coated tofu squares into the preheated air fryer. Allow them to cook for 20 minutes total. Check the tofu every 5 minutes and flip after 10 minutes. Depending on your air fryer and taste, cooking time may vary. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Air Fryer Blackened Tofu, Blackened Tofu Recipe, Vegan Blackened Tofu Recipe