A Creamy Vegan Wild Rice Soup that features Goji berries, wild rice, and nourishing vegetables. This healthy, cozy meal is sure to delight!
- 1 Carrot (Chopped Fine)
- 1 Celery Stalk (Chopped Fine)
- 1 Onion (Chopped Fine)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 3 Tbsp Gluten Free Flour
- 3 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Wild Rice (Cooked)
- ½ Cup Dried Goji Berries (or Dried Cranberries)
- Cook the wild rice and wash and prepare all fresh vegetables.
- In a stock pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion, celery, carrot and thyme leaves. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add the vegetable stock and stir to incorporate. Increase the heat to medium/high. Stir constantly until the soup thickens. Approx. 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked wild rice rice and the goji berries and reduce the heat to low.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in the non-dairy milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve warm. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat the soup in a saucepan over low heat or in the microwave.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Wild Rice Soup, Dairy Free Wild Rice Soup, Wild Rice Soup Recipe