A creamy and nutritious dairy-free soup that’s also indulgent. This easy vegan broccoli cheese soup is deceptively good for you!
- 3 Broccoli Crowns (Stalks Removed)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Carrot (Small Diced)
- 1 Small Red Onion (Small Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Small Red Potatoes (Peeled, Rough Chopped)
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Miso Paste
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Ground White Pepper
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Cup Shredded Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- Using your preferred method, steam the broccoli florets for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a stock pot over medium/high heat, add the oil along with the carrot and onion. Cook, stirring frequently until they start to brown and the onion is fragrant. Approx. 2 minutes.
- Next, add the potato and garlic. Stir for 1 minute to allow garlic to brown slightly. Now add the vegetable stock and cashews. Bring to a boil and allow to cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes allow it to cool slightly.
- While the pot cools, separate the florets from the stems of your steamed broccoli.
- Once the pot is cool to the touch, transfer the contents to a blender along with the nutritional yeast, miso paste, Dijon mustard, pepper, paprika and onion powder. Blend on high until very smooth. Approx 1-2 minutes.
- When your soup is smooth, add the steamed broccoli stems and blend them briefly into the soup. Pour the soup back into the stock pot and return it to the stove over medium/low heat.
- Stir the broccoli florets and vegan cheddar into the soup and allow the soup to heat to your desired serving temperature. Serve immediately and Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Easy Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup, Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe, Dairy Free Broccoli Cheese Soup