A simple vegan recipe for raita– a creamy Indian condiment made with cucumber, mint & cilantro. Serve alongside spicy dishes to cool the palate.
- 1 Persian Cucumber (Peeled, Grated and Squeezed)
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Yogurt
- 1 Small Onion (Peeled and Finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Leaves (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves (Finely Chopped)
- 1 lime (Juice)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper (or to taste)
- Extra Sliced Cucumber (Optional Garnish)
- Additional Fresh Cilantro and Mint (Optional Garnish)
- Peel the cucumber and using a coarse box grater, grate the cucumber into coarse shreds. Transfer the cucumber to a paper towel or clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Discard the liquid and set the cucumber shavings to the side.
- Prepare the onion, cilantro and mint.
- In a medium bowl, add the yogurt, onion, cilantro, mint, lime juice, ground cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Garnish with extra cucumber slices and fresh herbs, if desired. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Cucumber Raita Recipe, Dairy-Free Raita Recipe, Homemade Vegan Raita, Vegan Indian Condiment