A stretchy cashew cheese with robust smoky flavor- this homemade vegan smoked mozzarella cheese only requires 6 ingredients and is a perfect addition to your next charcuterie board!
- Soak the cashews overnight or boil them for 10 minutes.
- Drain the cashews and place them into a blender along with the tapioca flour, nutritional yeast, salt, lemon juice, water and 1 tsp liquid smoke.
- Thinly coat the inside of a few small wide mouth jars with oil for molds.
- Blend until very smooth, approx. 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into a high sided frying pan and place over medium-high heat.
- Stirring constantly, allow the mixture to thicken until it becomes thick and smooth with no clumps.
- Quickly and carefully pour the thickened mixture into your prepared molds. Tap the fill molds lightly on the counter to release trapped air.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Once solid, turn the mold upside down and lightly shake or touch to let it naturally release from the mold onto a serving plate. For extra smokiness, combine the optional ¼ tsp liquid smoke with 1 Tbsp liquid aminos or soy sauce and brush the top of the finished mozzarella cheese with the smoky mixture.
- Slice and serve with crackers and fruit, bake on a pizza, or add it to a sandwich.
- Leftovers still in the mold can be kept for 4-5 days in the refrigerator and sliced leftovers can be kept for 2 days in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Homemade Vegan Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, Vegan Mozzarella Recipe, Cashew Cheese Recipe