This delicious vegan Rosemary & Caramelized Onion Cream Sauce is packed with flavor. It’s easy to make and a perfect topping for pizza, pasta, roasted vegetables, and more!
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews (Soaked overnight or boiled for 10 minutes)
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary (Minced)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flake
- 2 Red Onions (Peeled, Halved and Sliced Thin)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock (Approximately)
- Soak the cashew for about 8 hours or boil them for 10 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- In a skillet coated with olive oil, sauté the onion over medium/low heat for 30-40 minutes or until caramelized. After 20 minutes, add the minced fresh rosemary. Stir frequently and season with salt and black pepper to taste. The onions will brown and reduce drastically.
- Next, add the cooked caramelized onion with rosemary, drained cashews, Nutritional Yeast, Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flake and Sea salt to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes slowly adding vegetable stock until sauce is smooth and liquified.
- Add the sauce to a sauce pan, over medium-heat. Stir frequently until sauce begins to thicken. Add additional fresh rosemary, if desired.
- Serve over pasta, use as a dip, or bake with veggies in a pasta bake. The possibilities are endless! Enjoy!
- Leftover sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Rosemary Cream Sauce, Caramelized Onions, Vegan Sauce, Cashew Sauce, Fall