A meat-free finger food that is sure to please a crowd. These Vegan Air Fryer Finger Steaks are crispy on the outside with a meaty seitan interior.
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground Fennel
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flax
- 8 Tbsp Warm Water
- 8 oz. Seitan (Check out this recipe for Homemade Seitan to make your own!)
- 1 tsp Spray Vegetable Oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, fennel, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the ground flax and warm water. Stir until incorporated completely and allow it to sit for 5 minutes or until it has an egg-like consistency.
- Slice the seitan into finger length pieces.
- One by one, dip each piece into the flax egg bowl, making sure it is coated completely. Then transfer it to the flour mixture and coat completely. Place each piece on a plate and repeat until all of the strips are coated.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° F. Once the air fryer is ready, carefully add the coated finger steaks. Before closing the air fryer lightly spray the top of the finger steaks with cooking spray.
- Allow the finger steaks to cook for 20 minutes. Checking every 5 minutes and flipping halfway through. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat them in the air-fryer for 1-2 minutes until they are crispy again and warmed throughout. Alternatively, they can also be reheated in a microwave but they will not be as crispy.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: vegan finger steaks, seitan steak, air-fryer seitan recipe, vegan finger food recipe