Shredded king trumpet mushrooms replace the meat for a twist on a classic Mexican recipe. These Vegan Air Fryer Mushroom Carnitas will delight plant-eaters and meat-eaters alike!
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 8 oz. King Trumpet Mushrooms (Shredded)
- 1 Small Red Onion (Sliced Thin)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry spices along with the orange juice and with the Worcestershire sauce and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Using a fork, shred the mushrooms using long strokes lengthwise. You can also use your fingers to pull the mushrooms into strands.
- Cut the onion in half from stem to root and peel. Lay the onion onto the cut side and thinly slice the onion from stem to root. Separate the onion slices into strands.
- Place the mushrooms and onions into the bowl and stir to coat everything evenly with the marinade. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Drizzle the oil into the air fryer and preheat to 400°F.
- Add the marinated mushrooms and onions to the hot air fryer and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes. Check the air fryer occasionally to stir the mushrooms and check for doneness.
- Serve in tacos, nachos or lettuce wraps (as pictured). Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Mushroom Carnitas, Air Fryer Mushroom Carnitas, Air Fryer King Trumpet Mushrooms