A creamy vegetable Thai-style coconut curry featuring crispy air-fried vegan banana blossom “fish” filets in a silky irresistible sauce.
Banana Blossom “Fish” Filets:
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kelp Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 18 oz. Can Banana Blossoms
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Bell Peppers (Deseeded and Cut into Bite-sized Pieces.)
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 1 Zucchini (Halved Lengthwise and Sliced into 1/4 inch Pieces)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger (Grated)
- 2 Tbsps Vegan Red Curry Paste
- 1 13.5 oz. Can Coconut Milk
- 3 Baby Bok Choy (Chopped)
- 1 Jalapeño (Sliced, Optional Garnish)
- 1 Lime (Cut into wedges, Optional Garnish)
- 2 Scallions (Sliced, Garnish)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro (Chopped, Garnish)
- Add 2 tsp of oil to an air-fryer and preheat to 400°F. In a small bowl combine the cayenne pepper, kelp powder, turmeric and salt. Drain and rinse your banana blossoms. Coat the banana blossoms with the seasoning mix and carefully place them into the preheated air-fryer. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes. Check after 5 minutes for preferred doneness.
- While the banana blossoms cook, prepare the vegetables as directed above.
- Add 3 Tbsp of oil to a large skillet or wok. Over medium/high heat, add the peppers, onions and zucchini to the wok. Cook stirring frequently until the vegetables are tender but not overly cooked. Approx. 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables and set aside.
- Place the pan back on the stove over medium/high heat and place the curry paste and the grated ginger in the pan. Stir until fragrant. Approx. 1 minute. Next, pour the coconut milk into the pan and stir to combine until the curry paste has dissolved and it has come to a simmer. Approx. 3 minutes.
- Return the cooked vegetables to the pan with the curry sauce and allow to return to a simmer. Add the chopped bok choy and cover for 2 minutes to wilt. Stir to incorporate.
- Place the cooked banana blossoms on top and garnish with scallions, sliced jalapeño and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately with rice and lime wedges. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Fish Curry Recipe, Vegan Banana Blossom Fish Curry, Banana Blossom Recipe, Vegan Thai Coconut Curry