A homemade plant-based sausage patty made with king oyster mushrooms. Enjoy a vegan mushroom breakfast sausage for a healthy meat-free meal.
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped Small)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 8 oz King Oyster Mushrooms (Shredded)
- 1 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Ground Sage
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper(Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 Flax Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Amino
- Using a fork, shred the mushrooms into fine threads (see photo). Prepare the onion and garlic as directed above.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, sauté the onion with 2 tsp of olive oil stirring occasionally. Once the onion is fragrant (approx 2 minutes) add the mushrooms and garlic. Continue to cook until the mushrooms are tender (approx. 4 minutes). Add the fennel, ground sage, paprika, garlic powder and red pepper and stir to combine.
- Allow the sauté to cool for 10 minutes. Once cool, add the mushroom mixture with the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until incorporated.
- Divide into equal sized portions (approx. 3 Tbsp mixture for each patty). Form each sausage into a 2-3 inch diameter patty. It will make approximately 8 patties.
- Heat a frying pan with a small amount of oil and brown the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. Alternatively, you can also bake the patties for 20 minutes at 400°F.
- Serve with your favorite breakfast staples or in a breakfast sandwich if you are on the go. Enjoy!
- Leftover sausage patties can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Mushroom Breakfast Sausage, Homemade Vegan Sausage Recipe, King Oyster Mushroom Recipe