This spicy plant-based appetizer has a Fall twist! These Vegan Pumpkin Jalapeño Poppers are nutritious and they pack a perfect punch!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese:
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews (Soaked or Boiled )
- 1/2 Brink Extra Firm Tofu (Broken into Pieces)
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Miso Paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 15 oz. can Pumpkin Purée
- 15–18 Fresh Jalapeños (Halved Lengthwise and Deseeded)
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumb
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (Chopped for Optional Garnish)
- Soak the raw cashews in water at room temperature overnight or boil the nuts for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Drain the cashews and place them into a blender along with the rest of the cream cheese ingredients. Blend until very smooth, pause and scrape down the sides of the blender container if needed in the process.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise. We like to cut through the stem to make a natural handle.
- Scoop out the seeds and pith from the jalapeño halves, using a spoon. (Remember to wash your hands immediately after!)
- Spoon the pumpkin cream cheese into each jalapeño boat and place the filled peppers onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Top each popper with breadcrumb and bake for 20-25 minutes. Then, carefully remove the parchment paper from the pan and place the poppers under the broiler for another minute or two or until browned.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Jalapeño Popper Recipe, Pumpkin Jalapeño Poppers, Vegan Fall Appetizer Recipe