There is nothing better than fresh raspberries especially when they are added to Vegan Raspberry Muffins with a crumb topping. Plant-based breakfasts will never be the same!
½ Cup Oat Flour (or another flour of your choice)
¼ Cup Oats
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
2 Tbsp Flax Meal
6 Tbsp Warm Water
1 1/2 Cups Oat Flour (or another flour of choice)
2 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
¾ Cup Sugar
¼ Cup Coconut Oil
¾ Cup Dairy Free Yogurt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
6oz or 1 cup Raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and warm water for the vegan “egg.”
- Prepare the muffin pan with either a light coating of coconut oil or paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumble ingredients. Mix and press mixed ingredients with a fork to create small streusel crumbs. Then, place the mixture in the freezer. This allows the crumble topping to become even crispier when baked.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir to incorporate.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and coconut oil and whisk together. Then add the flax “eggs” and whisk until combined. Finally, add the yogurt and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir by hand until combined.
- Fold half the fresh raspberries into the dough carefully.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 of the way to the top and then add the remaining raspberries (about 3 or 4 berries to each muffin tin).
- Remove the crumble topping from the freezer and break up slightly with a fork, if needed. Add a large spoonful of crumble to the top of each muffin.
- Place them in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The crumble topping should also be nicely browned and crispy.
- Allow the muffins to cool for at least 5 minutes in the pan and then remove them and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Vegan Raspberry Muffins