A quick and easy Italian meal that’s sure to please. This vegan toasted gnocchi al pesto is comforting and bursting with flavor.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While the water is heating, toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until golden brown. Set aside 1 Tbsp of the toasted pine nuts for garnish.
- Next add the basil ingredients, except for the olive oil, to a food processor. Run the processor on low and slowly add the olive oil until very smooth and loose. Approx 1/2 cup.
- Once the water is boiling, add the gnocchi and boil until the gnocchi floats to the top of the water. Approx. 2 minutes. Drain the gnocchi and toss to coat with 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Toast the gnocchi. Add the coated gnocchi to a frying pan heated over medium heat. Allow to cook tossing occasionally until the cooked gnocchi is crispy and golden brown.
- Plate the warm toasted gnocchi and top with dollops of freshly blended pesto. Garnish with vegan Parmesan, extra toasted pine nuts and fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate any leftover gnocchi separately from the pesto in airtight containers. Add a thin layer of olive oil on top of the pesto to help preserve it. It will last up to two weeks and can be added to pizza, pasta, and more. The toasted gnocchi will keep for up to 5 days.
- A 17.6 oz package of gnocchi will serve 4, however, the pesto will serve 10-12. When covered with oil, it will last in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Toasted Gnocchi al Pesto Recipe, Easy Vegan Pasta, Vegan Pesto Recipe