This Vegan Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms recipe is a crowd pleaser- homemade liquid mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil, all in a delicious mushroom cap!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Clean the portobello mushrooms. Scrap out the gills and discard. Place the mushrooms upside down on an oil-lined baking sheet.
- Brush each mushroom with oil and sprinkle with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake the mushrooms for 10-15 minutes or until tender. If there is excess liquid in the mushrooms, remove it before stuffing by carefully tipping the mushrooms to drain the liquid.
- Fill each mushroom with halved Cherry tomatoes and pour on the liquid mozzarella.
- Place the mushrooms under the broiler for 5-10 minutes or until browned. Watch them carefully because they will brown quickly.
- Remove them from the broiler and let them cool slightly. Sprinkle with sliced basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar or reduction, if desired. Enjoy.
- Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Vegan Stuffed Mushroom Recipe, Vegan Caprese Salad Recipe