A quick and easy way to make homemade vegan liquid mozzarella cheese that’s perfect for pizza. Simply pour it on and bake and you will have tangy, creamy dairy free cheesy pizza in no time!
Protein-Packed Cashew Mozzarella
You don’t need to worry about getting enough protein with this cashew-based cheese. Raw cashews can either be soaked overnight or boiled and then are blended with the remaining ingredients to create a salty and tangy liquid mozzarella cheese.
This nut-based “cheese” is best when poured over a homemade pizza with simple ingredients such as a margarita pizza with tomato sauce and fresh basil or add a few chopped vegetables like peppers, spinach, broccoli, or mushrooms for a complete healthy plant-based meal.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Cashews – Protein packed and blends to a wonderfully smooth and creamy consistency.
- Tapioca Flour – Flavorless and versatile, tapioca will become a staple in your household. For this recipe, it helps the cheese to solidify when baked.
- Nutritional Yeast – Vegan cheese wouldn’t be a thing without this gem.
- Lemon Juice – Adds a tanginess to this “cheese.”
- Salt – Adjust to your liking, but good cheese has irresistible saltiness.
FAQ & Homemade Vegan Liquid Mozzarella Tips:
Will this cheese be stretchy like traditional mozzarella?
- No. Unfortunately, this “cheese” will not stretch; however, it does have the taste and appearance of traditional mozzarella cheese and it will brown when baked.
Can another nut be used instead of cashews for this cheese? 🌰
- Yes, other nuts will work including almonds, hazelnuts, or even brazil nuts for this recipe. But the taste and color will vary slightly, so you may want to remove the skins after boiling.
Tip: Make It Ahead of Time!
- The best thing about this recipe is that it keeps remarkably well. In fact, it will last for up to two weeks when refrigerated, so it can be made well in advance and used for multiple pizza nights. Yay! 🍕
Tip: Stir Before Using
- Once refrigerated, the ingredients will begin to separate. However, just a quick stir will suffice and then it’s ready to go just like it was on day one.
Homemade Vegan Pizza In a Snap
In our opinion, pizza night should be every night and with this easy liquid mozzarella cheese recipe, you can have delicious homemade pizza ready in no time at all!
Finally, if you have made this liquid mozzarella recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
A quick and easy way to make homemade vegan liquid mozzarella cheese that’s perfect for pizza. Simply blend and pour for delicious dairy-free cheese everytime!
- In a saucepan, cover the cashews with water and bring to a bowl over medium heat. Allow to boil for 10 minutes
- Drain the cashews and place in a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high for 2 minute or until it becomes a completely smooth liquid.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Spoon on homemade pizza just before cooking. Cheese will solidify as it cooks on the pizza and will taste just like mozzarella when eaten.
- Leftover cheese can be refrigerated for up to two weeks.
The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Homemade Vegan Liquid Mozzarella, Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Recipe, Vegan Pizza Recipe