For us mid-August means wonderful thoughts of our wedding and traveling. This year marks our fifth wedding anniversary, and in honor of it we wanted to bring you this amazing drink we served at our wedding… a Montana Huckleberry Mule!
Although we live in Brooklyn now, we got married in Alissa’s hometown in eastern Montana. It was incredible having so many friends and family in this one small town. Some traveled great distances to be there while some just had to go down the road. It was truly a great day.
Additionally, if you have never been to Big Sky Country, we highly recommend that everyone visit this beautiful state at some point. Glacier National Park is one of our favorite places in the entire world!
A Refreshing and Easy Cocktail
The key to this drink is the sweet taste of huckleberries that have been added to the vodka. If you are unfamiliar with huckleberries, they are native to Montana. They grow in western Montana and are a favorite of both Montanans and bears!
The copper mug Moscow mules are traditionally served in, is also reminiscent of the wild west days of Montana and the boom towns that popped up to mine for copper and other natural materials. This fun drink helps to bring us back to the great state of Montana, even if it is just in our minds for the evening.
Huckleberry vodka is not always easy to find, however. If you can find it, you have to make this drink and make several! But, if you can’t track down this flavored vodka, you could also try this recipe for Huckleberry Lavender Sangria which uses huckleberry syrup instead. This syrup can also be used in the mule recipe if needed but the drink will be a little sweeter than if you use just the huckleberry vodka.
It’s Time for a Montana Huckleberry Mule!
Don’t wait any longer to make this quick and easy Montana Huckleberry Mule! It is a perfect drink for a hot mid-August day or for celebrating an Anniversary! Enjoy!
Bring the taste of Montana to your summer with this Montana Huckleberry Mule. This sweet and flavorful cocktail is perfect for a special event or simply for a refreshing drink after a long day.
- 2 oz. Huckleberry Vodka (We Used 44° North)
- 1 Ginger Beer
- 1 Lime (Juice, + extra wedges for garnish, if desired)
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Mint Leaves (Optional Garnish)
- Mix: In a cocktail shaker pour 2 shots of vodka along with the juice from one lime. Fill with ice and shake until well combined and cold.
- Strain: Open the cocktail shaker and strain the ice using the top of the shaker or use a separate strainer. Pour the drinks evenly into two cold copper mugs or other drinkware.
- Pour: Fill the mugs the rest of the way with ginger beer and ice.
- Garnish: Top with Fresh mint leave and lime wedges, if desired.
- Serve: Enjoy immediately while the drink is ice cold. Cheers!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Moscow Mule, Huckleberry, Montana, Ginger Beer, Vodka, Cocktail
Finally, if you have made this huckleberry mule, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy sipping! 🙂