A sweet and fruity cosmo with a little bit of tartness. This Huckleberry Cosmopolitan is an amazing drink that combines the east with the west. Bet you can’t drink just one!
It’s Huckleberry Cocktail Month!
I grew up in Montana and will forever brag about the indescribable beauty of Big Sky Country. But probably the next best thing, are the huckleberries! After all, they are a favorite of grizzly bears for a reason- they’re delicious!
But probably the next best thing is combining the taste of huckleberry with a cocktail! We actually served this cocktail at our wedding reception (now 7 years ago- wow!) along with this Montana Huckleberry Mule, which we shared a couple years back and last year we shared a Huckleberry Lavender Sangria recipe. Yup, we like huckleberry!
Therefore, we decided we just had to feature a huckleberry cocktail every August in honor of our anniversary and also just because they are GOOD! And without further ado, it’s time for a Huckleberry Cosmopolitan!
The Key Ingredient: Huckleberry Vodka
When you live in Brooklyn, it isn’t always easy to find vodka that is made out West. In fact, there is only a couple of distilleries that make huckleberry vodka and they are both based in Idaho.
Therefore, we visited multiple liquor stores and were unsuccessful in finding our personal favorite brand 44° North. However, after speaking to our amazing corner liquor store, they were able to order a case and we only wound up buying 6 bottles to thank them.
Needless-to-say, you may start seeing more huckleberry drinks other just during the month of August! 😂
What You Will Need:
- Huckleberry Vodka – This flavored vodka is sweet, a little tart, and perfect for a cosmo! Although this drink can also be made with huckleberry syrup, we prefer the flavored vodka when we can track it down.
- Cointreau – This citrus liquor is classically served with a cosmopolitan but Triple Sec can also be used.
- Cranberry Juice – The cranberry provides a beautiful pink color to this drink and it also tastes incredible with the huckleberry and tart citrus.
- Lime – A squeeze of sour lime juice is the perfect complement to this fruity drink. Additionally, it can provide a touch of sophistication when used as a garnish. We like a twist but a slice or wedge works too.
FAQ & Huckleberry Cosmopolitan Tips:
Is this drink only for females?
- Absolutely not! Cosmos are technically a martini which was once considered an appropriate cocktail for long business lunches. However, Sex and the City popularized it as a drink of choice for ladies night. But this is one strong and flavorful drink that both sexes will enjoy!
Are cosmopolitans strong?
- Yes. Although this drink is pretty, it also packs a punch. However, it can be diluted slightly by lowering the amount of vodka but we recommend you first make it as is first and then adjust if necessary!
What food should you pair with a cosmo?
- Due to the sharpness of the cocktail, a mild cheese (like this Simple Vegan Ricotta Cheese recipe) with bread or crackers is always a nice combo. Another tasty option is to serve it alongside fresh berries to bring out the fruitiness of the drink.
Serve this cocktail in a chilled glass with a twist.
- A chilled martini glass or coupe glass keeps the drink nice and cold, just like it should be. Additionally, a twist of lemon or lime adds a pop of color against the lovely pink.
It’s Time for a Cocktail!
If you are a fan of a traditional cosmo, you will love this Huckleberry Cosmopolitan. It’s a perfect cocktail for a night in when you binge on old Sex and City espisodes or to serve friends at a party. One guarantee after trying this twist, you will realize how intelligent those grizzly bears are! Cheers! 🍸
We Would Love Your Feedback
Finally, if you have made this huckleberry cosmo, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy sipping!!
A fun and fancy cosmo recipe made with huckleberry vodka. This huckleberry cosmopolitan is the perfect combination of sweet, tart, and absolutely mouthwatering! Try to drink just one!
2 oz Huckleberry Vodka
2 oz Cranberry Juice
1 oz Triple Sec
1 oz Lime Juice
- Chill glassware in the freezer, if desired.
- Add all ingredients to an ice filled cocktail shaker.
- Cover and shake vigorously until drink is well mixed and very cold. Approx 10 seconds.
- Strain into two glasses and enjoy immediately!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Huckleberry Vodka Cocktail, Cosmopolitan Recipe, Party Cocktail