Oh my goodness. Huckleberry… Lavender… Sangria. Three of our favorite words in the whole wide world! Put them together and you have one truly incredible Huckleberry Lavender Sangria- a perfect adult drink for your next party!
Huckleberry is near and dear to our hearts. Not only does it remind me of my home state of Montana, and growing up in ‘the last best place,’ but it also transports us back to our wedding where our signature drink was a Montana Huckleberry Mule.
Previously, we posted that recipe last August in honor of our wedding anniversary this month, so we decided why not make August our own HUCKLEBERRY MONTH! So, now it is time for a new huckleberry cocktail!
We have been fortunate enough to find a liquor store in NYC that even carries the same incredible huckleberry vodka that can be used for the mule or this Huckleberry Lavender Sangria. The Brand is 44º North and the vodka is called Mountain Huckleberry if you can get your hands on it.
However, given the fact that not every place will carry this amazing vodka, there is another option and it can be used in any and EVERY cocktail imaginable- flavored syrup! Huckleberry Syrup not only adds the delicious huckleberry flavor but it also provides necessary sweetness.
Therefore, we opted to use huckleberry syrup for this sangria and used rum which tends to be more common in most sangrias. But, of course, the vodka can also be used if you can get your hands on it!
A Touch of Lavender
This sangria is delicious with just huckleberry and any fruit of your choosing but we couldn’t stop there… we couldn’t resist adding lavender to this concoction and boy were we glad we did! The florally lavender matches perfectly with the bright sweet huckleberry. A Montana match made in heaven! Just be sure to use food-grade dried lavender which you can also purchase on amazon just like the huckleberry syrup.
It’s Time for Huckleberry Lavender Sangria!
If you love huckleberry, lavender, or sangria you MUST try this fruity and boozy drink. But be aware, it will be popular! You may even want to make a double-batch. We hope you enjoy this Huckleberry Lavender Sangria as much as we do. Cheers and happy Huckleberry Month!
A sweet and aromatic sangria that’s made with huckleberry syrup and dried lavender. Just add some fresh berries and you have one classy and refreshing cocktail perfect for your next party!
- 1 750 ml Bottle of Chardonnay (Try the Vegaholic app to know which wines are Vegan Friendly!)
- 2 ½ oz. White Rum
- 3 Tbsp Huckleberry Syrup
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- 3 Tbsp Dried Lavender Flowers (Food-Grade Quality)
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries (Trimmed And Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Blackberries
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries.
- 1 Bottle of Seltzer Water (33.8 fl oz.)
- In a small bowl, combine the lavender flowers and the rum, stir and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Wash and prepare the fresh fruit.
- Strain the lavender flowers out of the rum and add it to a large pitcher along with the rest of the ingredients, excluding the seltzer. Stir to combine.
- Then, top off with seltzer. Use extra seltzer for a more diluted drink or less depending on preference- also a perfect reason to sample (Quality control!).
- Allow to chill in the fridge for 20 minutes or more.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Sangria, Huckleberry, Lavender, Cocktail, Summer
Finally, if you have made this sangria recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram (#meatlessmakeovers). We would love to get your feedback! Happy sipping! 😄