PIZZA!! It really should be its own food group. We could eat it morning, noon, and night and we would probably never get sick of it! Additionally, this Vegan Herbed Ricotta Pizza is simply THE BEST PIZZA EVER!
Let us just explain why…
- Fresh, colorful, peak of the season tomatoes. Check.
- Beautiful yellow squash ribbons for added texture. Check.
- Bright, salty, and creamy ricotta loaded with TONS of fresh seasonal herbs. Check.
- Last but not least, a crispy and crunchy gluten free crust that actually GOOD. CHECK!
This Vegan Herbed Ricotta Pizza is what dreams are made of. Well at least those of us that dream about pizza! We can’t be the only ones, right?!
An Easy Gluten Free Crust
First things first, start with a quality pizza crust. We LOVE how easy Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust is. But if you don’t need GF you can always just buy a pre-made dough at most groceries stores. Or, try this Garlic and Herb GF dough recipe that we make when time allows which also goes so well with this combo.
Creamy Homemade Vegan Ricotta Cheese
While your crust is baking, it’s time to make the vegan ricotta cheese…
Now this is NOT your ordinary vegan cheese! While it is still made from cashews, the added lemon juice, seasonings, and loads of fresh basil and dill bring this “cheese” to whole new level. It’s spectacular for a pizza but the other possibilities are endless!
Time to Add the Toppings…
After the cheese is blended, you can chop up any veggies or fruit of your choosing, but we can’t speak highly enough of the combination of ribboned summer squash and fresh tomatoes. It’s particularly a showstopper if you can get your hands on some colorful tomatoes. It’s going to be so pretty, you may not even want to eat it!
Get Ready for Pizza Night!
We’re not going to sugarcoat it… YOU NEED to eat this Vegan Herbed Ricotta Pizza. No need to feel guilty eating this absolutely mouthwatering pizza. In fact, you probably better eat the whole pizza. We won’t tell. Promise. ENJOY!
An easy plant-based pizza recipe with yellow squash, fresh tomatoes, and a cashew herbed ricotta cheese. This vegan pizza is beautiful and delicious!
- 1 ½ Cup Raw Cashews (Boiled or Soaked)
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Lemon (Juiced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Water (more if needed)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Dill (Minced)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil (Minced)
- Pizza Dough (Your Choice)
- 2 medium Tomatoes (Sliced Thin)
- 1 Yellow Squash (Ribbons or choppy very fine)
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan Parmesan Cheese (for Garnish, if desired)
- More Fresh Basil (for Garnish)
- Soak the cashews for 8 hours or boil them for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Prepare the fresh ingredients as directed above.
- Place the prepared cashews and all of the ricotta ingredients (excluding the herbs) into a high speed blender and blend on high until ricotta is smooth.
- Scoop the ricotta into a bowl and stir in the minced herbs. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare the crust of your choice. We like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza crust. And we cook it for the entire time without toppings.
- When your crust is still hot. Spread the ricotta over the crust. Arrange the tomatoes and squash ribbons on top of the ricotta.
- Garnish with herbs and vegan Parmesan, if using, and cut.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Leftover pizza can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or leftover herbed ricotta cheese can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.
- You may have extra herbed ricotta cheese depending on how much you use. If so, it is also great for pasta, toast, or even for a veggie dip!
Keywords: Vegan Herbed Ricotta Pizza