Mmmmmmm… mushrooms! Chanterelles, Morels, ME-OH-MY! We simply love mushrooms and if you are a mushroom lover, you will adore these Wild Mushroom Smashed Potatoes. They are vegan, gluten free, and absolutely delicious!
A Delicious Vegan Side
What could be better than creamy mushrooms on top of naturally buttery Yukon gold potatoes?! Not much! These smashed potatoes are a decadent side that pairs perfectly with just about anything.
Smashed potatoes are the easy route for anyone who grew up on mashed potatoes but maybe doesn’t want to put in the elbow grease. Mashing potatoes are hard work, right?! But these vegan smashed potatoes are creamy and buttery with just the right amount of crispy browned bits.
However, then you have… the MUSHROOMS! We went for a wild mushroom mix of chanterelles and morels for this recipe but we also love porcini on these smashed potatoes too. In fact, any mushroom would work…
- Button, Crimini, Portobello…
- Chicken of the Woods, Oyster, King Oyster, Porcini…
- Black Trumpet, Enoki, Shiitake, Maitake…
- And finally, Chanterelle and Morel
Consider Dried Mushrooms
Did we mention that we like mushrooms?! But if you can find chanterelles and or morels, we would highly recommend them! You won’t be sorry.
Also, if you happen to have extra mushroom topping left (we didn’t…) you can also put it over rice or even on top of a pizza. So our advice, don’t skimp on the mushrooms! If you can’t find fresh or don’t want to spend too much, USE DRIED! Then you have them available anytime!
Get Ready for Wild Mushroom Smashed Potatoes!
These Wild Mushroom Smashed Potatoes are so good, we bet you won’t wait to make them again. In fact, we might need to clear out some dried mushrooms again… 😜 Happy smashing!
Finally, if you have made this vegan smashed potato recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Enjoy! 😄
Wild Mushroom Smashed Potatoes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 5 Servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer or Side
- Method: Sauté, Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Creamy Yukon gold potatoes smashed and topped with chanterelle and morel mushrooms. Vegan comfort food at its best!
- 10 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 oz. Chanterelle Mushrooms (Chopped)
- 4 oz. Morel Mushrooms (Chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Miso Paste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Wash and prepare all fresh produce as per directions above.
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Once boiling, add the potatoes and allow to boil for 15-20 minutes. Once the potatoes are tender enough to pierce with a fork they are done.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet layered with a little oil.
- Melt half of the butter in a small bowl and stir in half of the minced garlic.
- Using a fork or a potato masher, crush the potatoes onto the sheet pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush each potatoes with a liberal amount of the garlic butter.
- Sprinkle each potatoes with some vegan Parmesan and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile sauté the mushrooms. In a frying pan. Place the rest of the garlic, butter miso paste and mushrooms. Sauté on high, stirring frequently until all the moisture from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Once the potatoes are browned, top each potato with the mushroom mixture and the extra Parmesan and black pepper.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Vegan Smashed Potatoes, Vegan Wild Mushroom Recipe, Vegan Comfort Food
Last but not least, check out some of these other recipes with lots of mushroom love!
- Daikon Mushroom “Ravioli”
- Peppercorn Brined Portobellos
- Vegan Cacio e Pepe with Morel Mushrooms
- Garlic and Chanterelle Mushroom Pappardelle
- Honeynut Squash & Wild Mushroom Soup
- Miso Glazed Mushrooms with Eggplant
1 thought on “Wild Mushroom Smashed Potatoes”