A vegan soup made with creamy honeynut squash, earthy mushrooms and aromatic sage. This Honeynut Squash & Wild Mushroom Soup is pure plant-based comfort food perfect for a cool fall night!
Vegan Plant-Based Comfort Food
There is just something so comforting about a big bowl of steaming soup. We have been loving honeynut squash recently, so we decided it was time to use it for a soup and it turned out better than even imagined. This Honeynut Squash & Wild Mushroom Soup is pure comfort.
First off, this soup is incredibly easy to make. All it takes is a little roasting and sautéing, then throw everything in a high-powered blender or food processor and BOOM- a marvelous meal!
What You Will Need
Best of all, this soup only requires 7 ingredients! Here is what you will need:
- Honeynut squash
- Chanterelle Mushrooms (or any mushroom of your choosing)
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Stock
- Almond Milk
- Fresh Sage
Delicious and Easy Honeynut Squash
Honeynut squash is our new fall favorite thanks to the ease of preparation. Simply cut these small delicacies in half and put them face down on a pan to roast. Afterward, just scoop out the creamy pulp.
We decided to scoop out the pulp because we wanted an extra smooth and creamy soup. However, you could also leave the skin on and just remove the stem before blending because the skin is edible too.
Buttery Chanterelle Mushrooms
Finally, this soup also includes chanterelle mushrooms because they are just so flavorful but if you have a hard time tracking them down, you could also use any mushroom of your choosing.
Additionally, if you are not a huge mushroom fan- simply leave them out altogether and you will STILL have an incredible soup. But there really is something about the wild chanterelles in this easy vegan soup.
Get Ready for Comforting Homemade Soup!
We have every confidence that you will LOVE this Honeynut Squash & Wild Mushroom Soup. The flavors are truly out of this world. Go ahead, have your own comfort in a bowl today before these fun seasonal ingredients disappear. Enjoy!
Finally, if you have made this soup, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy cooking! 😊
Honeynut Squash & Wild Mushroom Soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Roast, Sauté, Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A vegan soup made with creamy honeynut squash, earthy mushrooms and aromatic sage. This plant-based soup is the ideal comfort food for a cool fall night!
- 4 Honeynut Squash (or Baby Butternut Squash)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (Divided)
- 4 oz. Chanterelle Mushrooms (Cleaned and Roughly Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Sage (Sliced)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 3 ½ Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (or another Nut Milk)
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Cut each honeynut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Brush the cut side of the squash with the olive oil and place them cut-side down on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until they are soft to the touch.
- While the squash roasts, wash the mushrooms very well and cut them into bite sized pieces. Mince the garlic and slice the fresh sage.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, sauté the garlic with the other Tbsp of olive oil until it becomes fragrant. About 2 minutes.
- Next, add the chopped mushrooms to the pan and cook stirring frequently for about 5 minutes. The mushrooms will shrink and start to brown.
- Add the sage to the mushroom mixture and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop out the squash from the skin and place it into a blender along with the mushroom and sage mixture. (We like to set some of the mushroom mixture to the side to use as a garnish later) Blend on high, while slowly pouring in the vegetable stock. Soup should become very smooth.
- Lastly, pour in the almond milk and blend for 5 seconds to incorporate.
- Garnish with the reserved mushroom, sage mixture, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Leftover soup can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Honeynut Squash Recipe, Squash and Mushroom Soup, Vegan Fall Soup Recipe
If you love Honeynut Squash, check out these other recipes too!
Honeynut SquashBuddha Bowls with Sriracha-Tahini Sauce
Roasted Honeynut Squash with Spicy Zhoug