If you are looking for a fun way to replace the seafood in a traditional linguine, here is your answer—a spectacular Vegan “Seafood” Linguine! It’s healthy, delicious, and satisfying… no seafood needed!
Healthy Plant-based Ingredients
This vegan pasta replicates traditional seafood linguine spectacularly. The “seafood” in the linguine consists of…
- King Oyster Mushrooms – Seared to replicate scallops
- Hearts of Palm – Halved to mimic shrimp or shell fish
- Banana Blossoms – Sautéed and browned to imitate fish fillet
Yep, being creative is a good thing! Especially if you are following a plant based diet! Of course, feel free to omit one or two of the “seafood” ingredients and you will still be left with a spectacular lemon-garlic pasta.
A Creamy Dairy-free Pasta
This Vegan “Seafood” Linguine is creamy, rich, and HEAVENLY. It is a perfect meal to serve on a date night or to vegan friends and family. Plus, you can make it a game to guess the ingredients! Food and fun!
This pasta is perfection- not too heavy, not too light- just ideally satisfying and filling. The lemony-garlic sauce is the key. It’s fresh, light, and pairs deliciously with the mushrooms, banana blossoms, and hearts of palm. You can even include a little bit of dried kelp in the sauce to further give it the flavor of “seafood!”
A Meal Everyone Can Enjoy
Oh, and one other fantastic thing about this meal…. It can even be gluten free! We had a difficult time tracking down gluten free linguine noodles in the past, but not ANYMORE! The pasta aisle is now exploding with gluten free varieties- YAY!
However, if your own grocery store is not as accommodating, you can also order them online. Learn more HERE.
Vegan “Seafood” Linguini!
If you are in need of a pasta meal that avoids meat and fish, look no further! This Vegan “Seafood” Linguine will knock your socks off and you will never have to miss seafood again while following a plant-based diet– no fishing pole needed! Enjoy!
2 Large King Oyster Mushrooms (Cut into Discs)
1 Can Hearts of Palm (Drained and Cut into Half Circles)
1 Can Banana Blossoms (Drained and Sliced)
2 Lemons (Juiced)
3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
3 Tbsp Vegan Butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
½ tsp Dried Kelp (optional)
1 Large Bunch Fresh Parsley Leaves (Stems removed and leaves roughly chopped)
12 oz. Linguine (or Pasta of your choice)
- Wash and prepare all fresh produce.
- In a skillet with a small amount of oil and over medium/high heat, sear the king oyster mushrooms on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Start to cook the pasta as per the directions on the package.
- In the same skillet used for the mushrooms, melt the vegan butter over medium heat and add the minced garlic.
- Next, add the hearts of palm, banana blossoms, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and dried kelp.
- Allow to sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to incorporate.
- Add the seared mushrooms and the drained and rinsed cooked pasta into the sauce. Toss to combine. Garnish with chopped parsley leaves.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
- Leftover pasta can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Vegan "Seafood" Linguine
If you adore pasta, be sure to check out some of these other plant-based pasta favorites…
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from them, we will receive a small commission. Thank you so much for your support!