It’s hot. We love the heat but it also often has us craving something cold. But one cannot subsist on salads and ice cream alone, so we make soup… That’s right, deliciously creamy chilled soup and this spicy avocado gazpacho is just perfect for a hot day.
A Healthy Spicy Vegetable Soup
This slightly different take on gazpacho is full of healthy green veggies, creamy avocado, and just the right amount of heat thanks to the jalapeño. Tomatillos are a great alternative to traditional tomatoes and they also allow it to retain a beautiful and cool green hue.
Herbs are also in abundance this time of year and this soup is full of fresh basil and cilantro. But our favorite ingredient is probably the sugar snap peas. They are just so sweet and flavorful right now. Plus, they make for a fun garnish.
It’s Time for Spicy Avocado Gazpacho
If you are feeling hot and you just can’t eat one more salad, try this chilled spicy avocado gazpacho. You will feel great about all the vegetables you are eating but won’t need to eat a huge heaping plate to do so. Plus, you will have healthy light leftovers that taste just as good a couple days later. There really is nothing better than soup, hot or cold!
Spicy Avocado Gazpacho
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Diet: Vegan
Hot Summer days are perfect for this cold and spicy gazpacho. Creamy avocado combined with tomatillos, sugar snap peas, and fresh herbs for one creamy and delicious vegan soup.
- 12 Tomatillos (Husks Removed, Rinsed Well and Halved)
- 1 English Cucumber (Quartered and Deseeded)
- ½ Onion (Peeled)
- 2 Avocados (Pitted and Peeled)
- 1 Cup Sugar Snap Peas (Stems Removed, + Extra for Garnish)
- 1 Jalapeno (Halved and Deseeded, + Extra Slices for Garnish)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Peeled)
- ½ Inch Fresh Ginger (Peeled)
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Pine Nuts (+ Extra for Garnish)
- Arugula (Garnish)
- Wash and prepare all of the produce.
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender. Work in batches if needed.
- Puree until completely incorporated. Add more almond milk if it is too thick.
- Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate until it is chilled.
- Once chilled, serve and garnish with peas, arugula, pine nuts and pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Gazpacho, Soup, Avocado, Spicy, Vegan, Summer
Finally, if you have made this spicy avocado gazpacho, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy Summer! 🙂
3 thoughts on “Spicy Avocado Gazpacho”
Meatlessmakeovers, thanks so much for the post.Really thank you! Great.
So glad you liked it! Thank you!