Everyone deserves a treat now and then and these vegan ice cream bites are a perfect one. Made with a white bean edible cookie dough base, a vanilla ice cream middle, and a light chocolate topping, these are one healthy yet decadent plant-based dessert. Best yet, these Dairy Free Ice Cream Cookie Bites are indulgent but perfectly portioned.
A Sweet Treat
The crackling chocolate, creamy ice cream and sweet cookie dough all combine to make a perfect mouthful. They are also full of healthy protein! Cookie dough made from white beans and sweetened with dates and maple syrup, plus a little almond butter for extra creaminess.
Feel free to use your own favorite dairy free ice cream. We like to use coconut milk but almond or cashew works great too. Or if you are feeling extra adventurous, you can always make your own or use banana nice cream. The options are endless!
What You Will Need:
White Beans – These are used for your cookie dough base. Although it may sound strange, beans add creaminess to your dough as well as protein. Chickpeas can also be used as a substitute.
Maple Syrup – This is a natural sweetener for your cookie dough and it adds a touch of rich caramel flavor.
Coconut Flakes – A great flavor addition to your cookie dough. Shredded coconut also works or if you aren’t a big coconut fan, it can also be omitted.
Dairy Free Chocolate Chips – Just a little chocolate goes a long way! We like to use mini chips. The brand Enjoy Life is a great vegan option that also tastes delicious and is also free from soy and gluten.
Dates – Medjool dates add additional sweetness to your cookie dough but naturally.
Almond Butter – The nut butter will bring richness and creaminess to your cookie base. Yes, please!
Vanilla Extract – Every cookie needs a little vanilla, right? We recommend using pure vanilla extract for a richer vanilla flavor.
Salt – Just a pinch brings out all of the delicious flavors packed into these little bites.
Flaxseed Meal – This acts as the binder for your cookie dough. It also makes the dough edible prior to baking unlike cookies made with eggs.
Dairy Free Ice Cream – Any ice cream flavor will work but we usually opt for traditional vanilla because these cookie dough bites are already full of flavor thanks to the cookie dough and the chocolate.
Dairy Free Dark Chocolate – It only requires a thin layer of chocolate for the top layer but that little bit of dark chocolate propels these delectable bites from cute to WOW!
Coconut Oil – A very light coating in your pan ensures that your cookie bites will pop right out.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you use store-bought cookie dough?
- Yes. There are more vegan options in grocery stores every day, so if you want to save a little time by all means use a pre-made cookie dough. It most likely will be lower in protein than the homemade version but it will be easier to practice portion control in these frozen bites rather than binging straight from the cookie dough tub… No, we’ve never done that! 😉
Are these bites gluten-free?
- Yes! If you make your own cookie base, these are naturally gluten-free.
Can these be made with less sugar?
- Yes, somewhat. By omitting the chocolate chips in the cookie dough base and the chocolate on the top, as well as using homemade banana nice cream instead of store-bought ice cream, these can be significantly lower in sugar. They will still have natural sugar from the maple syrup, dates, and bananas but this is significantly healthier than processed added sugar.
Is there a substitute for the almond butter?
- Absolutely. You can also use peanut butter or another nut butter.
A silicone baking mat or ice cube tray works best.
- Thanks to the flexibility of silicone, it makes removing these bites a breeze. We love this silicone mini muffin pan because the dairy free cookie dough bites look adorable in a circular form but a square shape will also taste delicious.
Serve the bites with a fork.
- Although they are technically “bites” these little frozen treats are COLD! They are made with ice cream after all. Therefore, to save your fingers, you may need a fork when enjoying.
Garnish with chocolate shavings for an extra special touch.
- If you are serving these bites to others, we recommend using a microplane to shave a little dark chocolate on the tops of the bites immediately before serving. It makes them look a little more polished and a little fancy.
Get Ready for Dairy Free Ice Cream Cookie Bites!
If you love ice cream and cookie dough but find it hard not to overindulge, these healthy yet indulgent frozen treats are the answer. Just enjoy one or two of these Dairy Free Ice Cream Cookie bites for the ultimate homemade vegan treat. Treat yourself, you deserve it!
A delicious bite-sized treat that is perfectly portioned and plant-based. These dairy free ice cream cookie bites include healthy edible cookie dough, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate -Yum!
Edible Cookie Dough:
- 1 15 oz. Can Cannelloni Beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flakes
- ½ Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- 3 Dates (Pitted and Chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 Cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1 Pint Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream
- ¼ Pound Dairy Free Dark Chocolate
- Coconut Oil
- Make the White Bean Cookie Dough. Place all of the cookie dough ingredients, except the chocolate chips, into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until well mixed. It will be slightly chunky because of the coconut.
- Scoop into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- Coat your mold with a thin layer of coconut oil.
- Melt the chocolate chunks and place a thin layer of chocolate into each mold.
- Freeze for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Next, place a layer of ice cream onto the frozen chocolate. Spread it out with a spoon to make it even.
- Freeze for about an hour.
- Finally, spread a layer of the cookie dough onto the frozen ice cream layer. Freeze until solid.
- Remove from the silicone and serve immediately with some shaved chocolate on top, if desired.
- Store leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Keywords: Cookie, Bite, Vegan, Ice Cream, Summer
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from them, we will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!