A refreshing cocktail that features tequila, Campari, and citrus for a great alternative to a traditional margarita. However, this siesta includes jalapeño to balance out the tequila as well as a spicy kick that’s sure to knock your socks off.
A Margarita Alternative
A siesta is a cocktail that also features tequila but it has the addition of Campari which adds a slight bitterness that compliments the tart lime and grapefruit juice.
Bring On the Heat
Best yet, this fun drink also includes muddled jalapeño. Not only does it add irresistible spiciness but the pepper also tames the tequila.
Finally, a splash of agave is added to sweeten the drink. Yum, yum, YUM!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Tequila – The earthy flavors in tequila are a perfect base for this drink.
- Campari – Campari’s tart and dry characteristics as well as its bright red hue compliment the tequila.
- Grapefruit and Lime – Bright citrus refreshes your taste buds as you sip.
- Jalapeño – Subtle heat comes through at the end keeping you coming back for more.
- Agave Nectar – Sweet agave syrup helps to blend all of the flavors together, mellowing the tart citrus and bitter Campari.
FAQ & Spicy Jalapeño Siesta Cocktail Tips:
Do you have to include Campari
- Nope, the Campari is optional but that’s what truly creates a siesta. Without it, you will basically have a spicy grapefruit margarita.
Switch Up the Citrus
- Not the biggest fan of grapefruit? Try replacing it with orange or lemon juice instead.
Make It Frozen
- Warm weather? ☀️ Try blending this drink for a frozen siesta cocktail that’s perfect for cooling you off.
Awaken Your Senses
This Spicy Jalapeño Siesta Cocktail has it all- easy to make, sip, and it’s oh-so-refreshing. Cheers! 🍹
A sweet and spicy adult drink made with tequila, Campari, and citrus. This easy to make Spicy Jalapeño Siesta Cocktail brings the heat!
- 1 Fresh Jalapeño (Stem and Seeds Removed)
- 4 oz. White Tequila
- 1 oz. Campari
- 1 oz. Lime Juice (Approx. 2 limes)
- 1 oz. Grapefruit Juice (Approx 1/2 grapefruit)
- 1 oz. Agave Syrup
- Add the prepared jalapeño and the tequila to a glass and muddle them thoroughly.
- Strain the tequila into a cocktail shaker along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake until very cold.
- Strain into two glasses. Garnish with a grapefruit peel, if desired and enjoy cold. Cheers!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Spicy Jalapeño Siesta Cocktail, Siesta Cocktail Recipe, Spicy Tequila Cocktail