This bright Sparkling Skinny Paloma screams to be drank when the weather is warm and your hand craves a cool refreshing cocktail.
A typical paloma is closely related to a margarita. However, grapefruit juice replaces the lime. But this version uses fresh grapefruit and sparkling water to lighten the taste and the calories.
The thing I absolutely love about this Sparkling Skinny Paloma are the subtle flavors. Now I know what you are thinking, grapefruit is a strong taste. But in this drink it’s not overpowering. The taste of the tequila comes through slightly while the grapefruit juice add a touch of brightness.
All-in-all, this drink deserves a spot on your summer menu. It’s refreshing and light, the ultimate combo for a hot day in the sun.
- 3 oz. Tequila
- 1 Grapefruit (juiced)
- 1 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- La Croix sparkling Water (Grapefruit Flavor, or another brand of sparkling water.)
- Juice the grapefruit and strain the pulp if desired.
- Place the tequila, grapefruit juice and agave syrup into a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake vigorously until liquid is very cold and mixed well.
- Strain into 2 glasses. Add ice and fill the rest of the glass with La Croix or another sparkling water.
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice, if desired