A quick and easy garlic hummus recipe that includes the addition of zesty Italian gremolata for a vibrant appetizer or condiment that explodes with flavor. You don’t want to miss this Creamy Homemade Gremolata Hummus!
Zesty Italian Gremolata
Gremolata is an Italian green sauce that typically accompanies veal or meat. However, this easy to make sauce also tastes amazing on vegetables, like this recipe for Gremolata Whole Roasted Cauliflower.
This quick condiment can be made in minutes with chopped fresh parsley, lemon and lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper.
Hummus + Gremolata = 🤯
Although gremolata can be served over bread, pasta, or even on a salad, there is just something incredible when it’s paired with creamy garlic hummus. The richness of the hummus is perfectly offset by the bright and tangy gremolata.
These two amazing flavors combine for a full-mouth flavor experience. In other words, a flavor bomb in every bite.
Watch: How to make Creamy Homemade Gremolata Hummus
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Chickpeas – Protein packed chickpeas are blended into a creamy condiment base.
- Parsley – Bright parsley mixes with garlic and lemon for an amazing hummus topping.
- Garlic – Tangy and flavorful garlic is in all steps of this tasty dip.
- Olive Oil – Extra Virgin Olive oil emulsifies into these two condiments creating creamy and smooth textures.
- Lemon – Both the zest and juice of a lemon opens up the deep flavors and makes you think of spring.
- Tahini – Tangy and rich tahini keeps you coming back for more.
FAQ & Gremolata Hummus Tips:
Can another herb be used in place of the parsley?
- Yes, although then you technically won’t be making Gremolata. However, basil or cilantro can also be used for an herby condiment that would also taste amazing on hummus.
What is the best way to Serve this Hummus?
- This hummus is terrific on fresh pita, pita chips, baguette slices, alongside roasted vegetables, or as a dip for fresh cut veggies. Alternatively, it’s also great on a salad.
- If you are short on time, store-bought hummus can also be used. Then, just top it with the gremolata for an incredible appetizer that’s ready in minutes.
Garnish with Gremolata According to Taste
- This recipe will make approximately ¾ Cup of Gremolata. However, you don’t need to add it all to your hummus. It has a vibrant flavor so a little goes a long way. Additionally, it has a great shelf life, so it can be used for future humus recipes or served on top of pasta, bread, roasted vegetables, or on a salad instead of a dressing.
A Homemade Hummus Exploding with Flavor
Don’t settle for store-bought hummus when you can make your own in minutes with just a handful of ingredients. Better yet, add a dollop of bright gremolata for the best hummus period. Enjoy!
A quick and easy creamy and dreamy garlic hummus topped with bright Italian gremolata. This homemade gremolata hummus explodes with flavor!
- 1.5 Cups Fresh Parsley (Roughly Chopped)
- 1 Lemon (Zest)
- 1/2 Lemon (Juice)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Peeled)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 15oz. Can Garbanzo Beans (Drained and Rinsed, Liquid Reserved)
- 1 Lemon (Juiced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt & 1/4 tsp Pepper (or to Taste)
- Zest the lemon. Place the ingredients for the Gremolata into a food processor except the oil. Blend the Gremolata until combined and add the oil. Blend again until incorporated.
- Add all of the hummus ingredients to a clean food processor or blender and blend on high for 10-20 seconds. If the mixture looks dry, add some reserved chickpea liquid (aquafaba) or additional olive oil and continue to blend until very smooth.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and top with Gremolata. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired and enjoy!
- Leftover Gremolata can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Leftover hummus can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Creamy Gremolata Hummus, Homemade Gremolata Hummus Recipe