A gorgeous cocktail made with tart grapefruit juice, sweet lavender syrup, and gin. Best yet, this Lavender-Grapefruit Gin Cocktail features a floating lavender sphere for one stunning gourmet adult drink prepared by you!
Sweet & Tangy
This delightful adult drink combines the flavors of tangy grapefruit and romantic lavender. In other words, a match made in cocktail heaven.
Although, there is no need to fret if you don’t have a fresh grapefruit- orange or lemon will also work.
Homemade Lavender Ice Cubes
If you are a fan of fancy cocktails, this one’s for you. This gin cocktail includes a lavender infused ice cube that cools the drink while also adding an intoxicating floral scent and additional sweetness.
To add a really gourmet touch, we recommend using a globe ice tray although a traditional ice tray can also be used. Just be sure to make your lavender ice cubes a day in advance to ensure that they are fully frozen.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Gin – The herbal and complex flavor in gin is a great base to build on for this fun drink.
- Lavender Syrup – Aeromatic and sweet, this syrup is the star of this drink.
- Grapefruit Juice – Citrus combines with the floral notes of the syrup for an amazing final result.
- Orange Bitters – Strong and fresh this little ingredient really packs a punch and complements the gin perfectly.
FAQ & Lavender-Grapefruit Gin Cocktail Tips:
Do you have to include the lavender ice cube?
- Nope. However, the ice cube contains lavender syrup so it adds both flavor and sweetness to the cocktail as it melts. Therefore, if you leave it out, we recommend adding additional syrup to the drink.
Can you substitute the grapefruit for another citrus fruit? 🍊
- Absolutely! This cocktail would also be delicious with orange, lemon, or any other citrus juice.
Tip: Adjust the level of sweetness.
- Not the biggest fan of sweet drinks? Reduce or leave out the extra lavender syrup in the cocktail itself for a drink with a little more tartness.
Tip: Mix It Up
- Try using vodka to replace the gin or you could even try champagne, either would certainly work and taste divine!
A Gourmet Cocktail at Home
No need to spend an arm and a leg, make your own fabulous cocktail at home. Then, go ahead and enjoy this posh drink in your pj’s! 😂 Cheers!
A sweet and tangy cocktail with a fabulous aroma- this Lavender-Grapefruit Gin Cocktail tastes as good as it looks!
- 1 oz. Lavender Syrup
- 2 oz. Water
- 4 oz. Grapefruit (Juiced)
- 3 oz. Gin
- ½ oz Lavender Syrup
- 1 tsp Orange Bitters
For the ice, mix the syrup and water in a glass and pour the mixture into your ice tray. Allow to freeze until solid.
Strain the pulp out of the grapefruit juice.
Combine the drink ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill with regular ice. Shake until very cold.
Place your lavender ice into your glassware and pour the drink over the ice. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Lavender Cocktail Recipe, Lavender-Grapefruit Gin Cocktail, Lavender Ice