We are always looking for new things to make in our air fryer… and oh my goodness, these Air Fryer Salt & Vinegar Sunchoke Chips are delectable. Crispy, crunchy, and salty- a perfect snack!
A Delicious Root Vegetable
Sunchokes are also known as Jerusalem artichokes or sunroots. They are native to North America and have become quite popular in recent times. We typically have used them in soups or baked them in the oven but not anymore… because when they are crisped up in an air fryer they taste incredible.
Naturally, sunchokes have a slightly nutty and savory flavor. Therefore, they would be simply splendid cooked alone in just a little olive oil. However, we were going for a snack with a real kick- salt and vinegar style!
A Light and Healthy Snack
These salt and vinegar crunchies are just TOO GOOD. The sunchokes brown up perfectly in the air fryer. Then simply garnish with a little extra salt and TA-DA- a healthy and fun snack to indulge on.
Go ahead, choose chokes instead of chips! 😂 Enjoy!
Air Fryer Salt & Vinegar Sunchoke Chips
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
These crispy and crunchy Air Fryer Salt & Vinegar Sunchoke Chips are perfect for a healthy snack. This unique chip will have you coming back for more!
- 6–10 Sunchokes (also call Jerusalem artichokes, sliced very thin)
- 1 ½ Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Wash the sunchokes well.
- Using a mandoline or a knife, slice the sunchokes very thin.
- Soak the sunchoke slices in the apple cider vinegar for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Working in batches, if needed, coat the slices in olive oil.
- Place the coated sunchokes into the air fryer in a thin layer, and fry for 10-15 minutes. Check occasionally and flip halfway through.
- Remove and sprinkle generously with sea salt.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Leftover chips can be stored in a resealable bag or ziplock baggie for up to 5 days. (If they last that long!)
The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Air Fryer Salt & Vinegar Sunchoke Chips, Jerusalem artichoke chips
3 thoughts on “Air Fryer Salt & Vinegar Sunchoke Chips”
So glad you liked the chips! Thanks for making them. 🙂