8 oz. store bought or homemade seitan
¾ bbq sauce Spicy Korean BBQ sauce recipe
Dough homemade version
1 spring onion
1 egg (optional)
½ T. olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Finely chop the onion and cube the seitan into ½ inch pieces.
- In a large pan or wok, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté the spring onion and the seitan until the seitan begins to brown and the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the BBQ sauce to the pan and let simmer for approximately 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into several flat circles about 5 inches in diameter.
- Spoon 1- 1 ½ T. BBQ seitan mixture into the middle of each dough circle. Gather the edges of the dough together, pinching closed until a small bun is formed.
- Place the buns upside down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Lightly spread with egg wash using a pastry brush or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and serve warm. Enjoy!