A mild and earthy beet salad with a gorgeous orange-yellow hue. This vegan Roasted Badger Flame Beet Salad is easy to prepare and tastes spectacular alongside falafels, tofu, or even a baked potato!
A Simple Roasted Beet Salad
Nothing beats a beet! In fact, we have previously posted all sorts of recipes featuring this marvelous root vegetable. Some of our favorites include Roasted Baby Beet & Vegan Mozzarella Salad, a meat-free Beet Bolognese, and a Spicy Beet Hummus.
But the beautiful Badger Flame Beet is one of our favorites to use, including for a Badger Flame Beet Carpaccio recipe we posted last Summer. This mild flavored beet is often served raw but it is also fabulous when roasted and combined with simple ingredients for an easy roasted beet salad.
Where to Find Badger Flame Beets
This unique beet was developed at the University of Wisconsin and named in honor of their mascot. It has an elongated shape and has a dense flesh.
This beet can often be found at farmer’s markets or through a farm share CSA box, which is where we have often acquired our Badger Flame Beets. However, you could also definitely grow your own if you are lucky enough to have space for a garden. That is our dream… one day. 🙃
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Badger Flame Beets – This specialty beet shines in this easy salad but red or golden beets can also be substituted.
- Red Onion – The chopped onion provides zip which is a fresh contrast to the sweet roasted beet.
- Parsley – This aromatic herb brings brightness that complements the earthy beets.
- Lemon Juice – The lemon adds acidity and helps to preserve the salad.
- Olive Oil – Oil adds necessary fat and also allows the spices to better adhere to the roasted beets.
- Spices – A combination of salt, cumin, and coriander add subtle flavor to this simple side.
FAQ & Roasted Badger Flame Beet Salad Tips:
What goes well with beet salad?
- This beet salad is seasoned with Middle Eastern flavors including cumin and coriander. Therefore, it goes well with falafel, pita bread, or you can serve it as an appetizer alongside hummus, baba ganoush, or olives.
Is beet salad healthy?
- Absolutely. Beets are an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals. Studies have also shown that beets can lower blood pressure, promote digestive health, and may help you lose weight due to their low caloric content. In addition, this salad is made almost entirely of beets alone which makes for a nutritious side.
Time Saving Option
- We highly recommend making this salad a day or two in advance. Not only will it save time, but the flavors actually improve when given the chance to sit.
Allow the Beets to Cool.
- The Badger Flame Beets will initially feel hard once they are roasted. However, after they are given time to sit and cool, they will soften into a perfect texture for chopping.
A Flavorful Side Salad
If you are a beet lover, we highly recommend this easy roasted beet salad. It comes together with just a handful of ingredients but it will bring lots of flavor to any meal.
Finally, if you have made this roasted beet salad, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy roasting! 😋
Roasted Badger Flame Beet Salad
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 45 min.
- Total Time: 55 min.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Category: Salad
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Diet: Vegan
A simple vegan and gluten-free beet salad with incredible flavor. This roasted Badger Flame Beet salad is healthy and so easy to make!
2 Badger Flame Beets (Diced)
1 Small Red Onion (Diced)
1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
1 Lemon (Juice)
1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Using a vegetable brush, clean the beets very well under running water.
- Place 1/2 cup of water into the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Add the clean beets and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Roast the beets for 45 minutes.
- Prepare the rest of the produce as directed above.
- Allow beets to cool, wipe the skin off and dice.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine. Top with olive oil.
- Eat immediately or place in the refrigerator to allow flavors to meld.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Badger Flame Beet Recipe, Vegan Roasted Beet Salad, Healthy Beet Salad
1 thought on “Roasted Badger Flame Beet Salad ”
Very good flavors! I just had red beets and also added some roasted parsnips- great side dish!