This is one beautiful and indulgent Roasted Baby Beet & Vegan Mozzarella Salad! The sweet and earthy baby beets are roasted to perfection and then mixed with a creamy and tangy cashew mozzarella over a bed of greens. You don’t want to miss this plant-based salad!
An Earthy and Lucious Plant-based Salad
However, most people assume that salads have to be boring. But, this roasted beet salad is NOT boring! It’s lucious, rich, and lip-smackingly good actually.
Therefore, if you are looking for a plant-based salad that is sure to impress the masses, this Roasted Baby Beet and Mozzarella Salad will certainly do the trick!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Baby Beets – The benefit of using young beets is that they don’t need to be peeled. First, they are roasted to bring out their sweet earthy flavor. Additionally, we like to leave an inch of two of the beet green stem for added crunch.
- Vegan Mozzarella – Store-bought vegan cheese will work but we highly recommend this recipe for Vegan Fresh Mozzarella. Above all, it’s incredibly easy to make and also tastes surprisingly like the real deal!
- Baby Kale – A bed of greens adds nutrients to this decadent salad. Although, any salad green will work, we love the tenderness of baby kale in this recipe.
- Fresh Herbs – Finally, with a mixture of fresh Basil, Oregano, and Thyme to complement the cashew mozzarella, this salad has tons of bright flavor.
FAQ & Roasted Baby Beet and Vegan Mozzarella Salad TIPS:
Is this salad gluten-free?
- Yup! This plant-based salad is gluten-free as well as plant-based.
Do you have to use baby beets?
- No. Larger beets can be used but you will need to roast them for longer and remove the outer skin. Check out this recipe for easy roasted beets on how to cook them.
Can I substitute another green for the baby kale?
- Absolutely. Any salad green will work but if it is a hardier green, like curly kale, you may want to chop it very small. Arugula would also be great in this salad.
Time Saving Option.
- We recommend making the mozzarella in advance. Simply refrigerate until ready to use. Additionally, it can also be made while the beets are roasting but it may need longer to cool and firm which will increase the amount of time needed.
Delicious Additions :
- To make this feel more like a complete meal, try adding some chopped walnuts or pecans. They will also add a nice crunch to contrast the creamy cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar for a tangy addition or add a vegan pesto such as this Easy Vegan Parsley Pesto recipe for a decadent touch.
An Impressive Vegan Appetizer or Complete Meal
Above all, this plant-based and gluten-free salad recipe is going to stand out. But not only does it look gorgeous, it also delivers in flavor and texture. In fact, we probably better test this recipe again.. 😉 Enjoy!
A beautiful and indulgent plant-based salad that looks as good as it tastes! Roasted baby beets are paired with homemade vegan fresh mozzarella for one amazing yet healthy meal.
- Prepare the fresh ingredients as directed above and make the cheese recipe, if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Trim, clean and half the beets.
- Place the beet cut-side down on a oil-lined baking sheet. Roast the beets in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and soft.
- Place a layer of baby kale on a serving dish and place the cheese on top.
- Cover the kale with the roasted beets and garnish everything with the chopped fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Store leftover baby beets and vegan mozzarella in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend.
Keywords: Roasted Baby Beet and Vegan Mozzarella Salad