A straightforward recipe for roasted beets at home. This easy to make plant-based ingredient is perfect for salads and so much more!
A Healthy Homemade Staple
We can’t guarantee these will a favorite with the kids but they are a staple in our kitchen. We put these with fresh herbs and other veggies for a stacker appetizer. They also make for a very colorful hummus or a great addition to a salad.
These simple roasted beets are always a healthy option because no oils are used for roasting. Simply scrub, bake, and peel for scrumptious roasted beets in under an hour.
Recipes Including Easy Roasted Beets:
Here are just a few of the ways that we use this versatile plant-based staple…Print
Easily roast your own beets at home. This straightforward recipe is perfect for salads and hummus. No need to buy roasted beets ever again!
- 3–4 Loose Beets
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash a scrub the beets well with a vegetable brush.
- Place in a high-sided pan to avoid rolling.
- Add 1/4 cup water to the pan and cover with tin foil.
- Place in the oven to roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- When cool to the touch, remove the outer layer. It should fall off rather easily, exposing the roasted beet. You can use your bare hands and if you are having difficulty, try to remove under running water. This often helps with stubborn beets.
- Slice and use the warm beet in a salad, or allow to cool and refrigerate whole beets to be used at a later time.
- Store the beet in an airtight container for up to a week.
Keywords: Easy Roasted Beets