A comforting vegan soup perfect for a cool night! This healthy and hearty lentil minestrone soup is filled with vegetables, lentils, and gluten-free pasta for one filling and satisfying plant-based meal.
A Cozy Winter Soup
When winter never seems to end, this soup will definitely take the chill off. This minestrone is overflowing with fresh vegetables and packed with protein thanks to the lentils and cannellini beans. It really is the prefect meal for a cold day.
Furthermore, with the addition of fresh kale, this soup also has a nice healthy crunch. However, the kale can also be substituted with another green such as Swiss chard or spinach.
Finally, this soup is topped with fresh chopped basil for a flavorful and bright finish. This is not your typical minestrone soup from a can! It’s nutritious but also satisfying!
Get Ready for a Bowl of Hearty Lentil Minestrone Soup!
Warm up with this thick and hearty soup until Spring finally arrives. Additionally, if you have faith in Punxsutawney Phil, it should be here sooner than later. Fingers crossed!
Hearty Lentil Minestrone Soup
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Category: Soup
- Method: Sauté, Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
A comforting vegan soup perfect for a cool night. This healthy and hearty lentil minestrone soup will leave you full and satisfied.
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup Green Lentils
- 1 Cup Pasta (Gluten Free, if needed)
- 1 15 oz. Can Cannellini Beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 Can Plum Tomatoes (Quartered)
- 2 Carrots (Peeled and Chopped)
- 3 Stalks Celery (Chopped)
- 1 Zucchini (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Peeled and Chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (Peeled and Diced)
- 1 Leek (Chopped)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Thyme (Stems Removed)
- 2 Tbsp. Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Cups Kale (Stems Removed and Chopped)
- 1 Bunch Basil (Chopped for Garnish)
- Wash and Prepare all the ingredients. Make sure to wash the leek thoroughly, Dirt tends to get trapped in the layers.
- In a large stock pot over medium/high heat, sauté the onion, garlic, and leek for approximately 3 minutes or until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chopped carrot, zucchini, miso, and dry spices. Sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Next, add the lentils and vegetable stock. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, lower the heat to medium and cover. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally, until the lentils are slightly tender.
- Then, add the tomatoes and pasta noodles. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the beans and cook until warm, approximately 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with a handful of chopped kale and basil sprinkled on top, if desired. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Minestrone, Soup, Lentils, Vegan
Finally, if you have made this minestrone soup recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy slurping! 😄