A rich and creamy vegan soup perfect for a cold night. This Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup will satisfying everyone in your household, omnivores and herbivores alike!
A Comforting Homemade Soup
The northeast has hit some record setting cold weather lately. We also know the rest of the country has been extra cold too, so we knew we needed an amazing tomato soup.
This tomato and pepper soup is comfort and warmth in a bowl. Its deep roasted flavors hit you right away combined with the creamy coconut aftertaste which makes it perfect for taking the chill off. Even during winter nights like we have been experiencing lately. We recommend this soup highly especially for nights that are bitterly cold.
Roasted Tomato Flavor Bombs
The secret to this robust soup is the flavorful roasted tomatoes. We actually refer to them as “flavor bombs” because well, they bring BIG flavor.
At the end of Summer we always stock up on tomatoes. We actually like to visit the farmer’s market and buy the “ugly” tomatoes because one will never know the difference in this soup. Then, we use this recipe for Roasted Tomato Flavor Bombs as the base for this easy homemade vegan tomato soup.
Additionally, these tomatoes freeze incredibly well. Then, they just easy be unthawed in future months for a quick and easy soup or for a rustic pasta sauce. So easy and absolutely delicious!
It’s Time for Vegan Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup!
This soup is truly one of our staple recipes during the winter months. It’s easy, comforting, and healthy. We hope you love this homemade vegan tomato soup as much as we do!
Finally, if you have made this soup, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy slurping! 😋
Roasted Tomato and Pepper soup
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6 Large Servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Sauté, Blend, Simmer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A rich and creamy vegan soup perfect for a cold night. This comforting Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup will satisfying everyone in your household!
- 8 Large Tomatoes (Try this recipe for Roasted Tomato Flavor Bombs!)
- 3 Large Roasted Red Bell Peppers (Try this homemade recipe for Roasted Red Peppers)
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Stalks Celery (Diced)
- 1 Carrot (Diced)
- 1 Large Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- Roast the tomatoes and the Peppers (Follow the recipes in the links provided, if desired.)
- Prepare the fresh produce.
- Over medium/high heat in a large stock pot add the garlic, onion, celery and carrot along with the olive oil. Sauté until fragrant and onions become slightly translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the tomato paste from burning.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and peppers along with the broth. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to med/low and simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Working in batches puree the soup in a blender or food processor. The Soup should become smooth and well combined.
- Return the pureed soup to the stock pot over medium-heat and add the coconut milk. Stir to incorporate. Heat the soup to a desired temperature and serve immediately.
- Enjoy the warmth.
- Leftover soup can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup, Tomato and Pepper Soup Recipe, Comforting Vegan Soup Recipe
1 thought on “Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup”