A deliciously cozy bowl of vegan soup perfect for a cool day. This Cauliflower Potato Leek Soup is pure plant-based comfort food. Yet, it’s surprising healthy and simple to make. Get ready to warm up!
Creamy Vegan Soup
There are very few things that can take the chill off a cold and rainy late winter day than a bowl of potato leek soup. But it’s even better when you add nutritious cauliflower!
This soup is pureed into a creamy texture bursting with flavor. Also, by swapping out the heavy cream with coconut milk you not only make it vegan, but also add a wonderful nutty sweet flavor that combines perfectly with the seasonings in the soup.
It’s Time for Cauliflower Potato Leek Soup!
If you need a big bowl of comfort, try this healthy variation on potato soup. Even though it’s healthy, it will still leave you full, satisfied, and ready for a cozy night in. Enjoy!
Cauliflower Potato Leek Soup
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Sauté, Simmer, Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A cozy vegan soup made with healthy ingredients. This vegan cauliflower potato leek soup is warm, filling, and perfect for a cool day!
- 2 Tbsps Olive oil
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes (Large Diced)
- 2 Leeks (Chopped and Soaked)
- 1 Small Head Cauliflower (Cored and Chopped into Small Florets)
- 3 Stalks Celery (Chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 5 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 15 oz. Can Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Mustard Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Chives (Chopped small for Garnish)
- Wash and prepare all vegetables. Soak the leeks in water after chopping them to help remove any trapped dirt.
- In a large stock pot over medium/high heat, place oil, garlic, onion and celery. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the leeks and add them to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Next add the potato, cauliflower, seasonings and broth to the pot. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- After the soup is finished cooking, transfer to a blender and purée. Work in batches if needed. At this point you can also set aside a small amount of the potato and cauliflower for garnish, if desired.
- When you have puréed all of the soup, pour it back into the pot. Stir in the coconut milk. Warm slightly if necessary over low heat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Keywords: Vegan Cauliflower Potato Leek Soup
Check out some additional vegan soup recipes that we make often and love!
2 thoughts on “Cauliflower Potato Leek Soup”
Such a great soup filled with lots of healthy ingredients and great flavor! My 1.5 year old slurps it down.
Yay! So glad everyone enjoyed it!!! Thanks for your feedback Brook!