Often around this time in January, time seems to move S-L-O-W-L-Y. The days drag on and we find ourselves dreaming of any time but now. And when we’re feeling that sense of idleness, that is precisely when we make this Lemon Parsnip & Potato Soup!
This soup is so warm and comforting but it additionally has a bright and cheery component. The aromatic lemon never fails to awaken the senses.
It is also a bowl of soup you can feel good eating. It’s full of vitamin rich vegetables- kale, parsnip, potato, and lots of garlic.
This Lemon, Parsnip & Potato Soup is one vibrant meal and it only takes 40 minutes to make. Simply sauté the ingredients then simmer for 15-20 minutes and YUM, YUM, YUM!
Additionally, you can quickly serve it with a piece of crusty bread or nothing at all- this soup truly delivers! Just be sure to make LOTS because chances are you will want to have extra for leftovers!
Get out of that January rut! Awaken your mind and body with this energizing Lemon, Parsnip & Potato Soup! Even if spring is still months away, you can at least fool yourself for a night. Happy slurping!
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 White Onion (Minced)
- 3 Yukon Potatoes (Peeled and Cubed)
- 3 Parsnips (Peeled and Cubed)
- 4 Cups Veggie Broth
- 1 Lemon (Juice and Zest)
- 1 Bunch Kale (Stems Removed and Chopped)
- Fresh Rosemary (Chopped)
- Black pepper
- Vegan Feta Cheese for garnish (Optional)
- Wash and prepare all of the fresh vegetables. Zest the lemon into a small bowl and juice the lemon into a second small bowl and set aside.
- In a stock pot with a liberal amount of olive oil, sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the potato, parsnip, rosemary, salt and pepper. Allow to cook, stirring frequently for 15-20 minutes until potatoes and parsnips begin to soften.
- Add the veggie stock and lemon juice and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale and lemon zest and cook until the kale has wilted (approximately 3-4 minutes).
- Serve with vegan feta cheese if desired.