Lemons! Lemons from your sister’s back yard?! Even better!!! The key to this bright and refreshing Meyer Mint Dark & Stormy is… you guessed it, a Meyer Lemon!
A Dark & Stormy Twist
Traditionally, a Dark and Stormy is made with limes. However, because we were in Arizona and had free access to amazing citrus trees, we decided to try a slightly different take. My Oh My! We absolutely loved the change!
Meyer lemons basically taste like a cross between a lemon and an orange. We couldn’t believe the terrific flavor the lemons had when my niece whipped up a spectacular homemade lemonade for us. That made us realize that those were no ordinary lemons! And this Meyer Mint Dark & Stormy is basically a fabulous grownup version of that delicious drink we tasted with the addition of ginger beer and fresh mint.
In fact, this drink only has 4 ingredients!
- Ginger beer
- Dark rum
- A Meyer Lemon
- Fresh mint
If you have difficulty tracking down a Meyer lemon, you can replace it with a typical lemon. However, Meyers tend to be less bitter and we liked the simply orangey lemony sweetness of the Meyer lemon. So if you can find one, we highly recommend it!
It’s Time for a Meyer Mint Dark & Stormy!
Right now I am wishing we were back in Arizona and picking fresh lemons and oranges from Andrea’s backyard. But I guess the next best thing, is making this Meyer Mint Dark & Stormy again while dreaming on warmer weather. Happy fun drink Friday!
This dark and stormy cocktail is made with meyer lemon and mint for a new twist on an old classic. It’s ginger and sweet citrus flavor is sure to delight!
- 3 .oz Dark Rum
- 1 Ginger Beer
- 1 Meyer Lemon (Juiced)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Mint (Leaves)
- Juice the lemon and remove the leaves from the fresh mint. Rinse the mint leaves and place them into a pint glass with the Meyer lemon juice.
- Muddle the mint leaves with the lemon juice until it is very fragrant.
- Strain the juice into a rocks glass with a lot of ice.
- Pour ginger beer into the glass until it is ¾ full.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and mint if desired and enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Dark and Stormy, Meyer Lemon, Mint, Cocktail, Rum
Finally, if you have made this dark & storm cocktail, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy sipping! 😊