A gorgeous plant-based appetizer or side with delicious Middle Eastern flavor. These Tahini Cauliflower Endive Boats are filled with creamy roasted cauliflower that is drizzled with sweet pomegranate molasses for a perfect party food.
An Elegant Plant-based Appetizer
Pleasantly bitter endive is the perfect vehicle for tangy and sweet tahini coated roasted cauliflower. Best yet, it’s the perfect finger food for sharing!
Roasted Cauliflower with Pomegranate Molasses
However, for this recipe we decided to bake the cauliflower for a healthier option but if you feel like frying or even air-fryer this would also be spectacular for this recipe.
What You Will Need:
- Endive – Firm and slightly bitter, endive is the perfect vehicle for a handheld bite.
- Cauliflower – Wonderfully roasted cauliflower makes for a great filling for these boats.
- Tahini Sauce – The mixture of tahini and lemon juice makes a savory and citrus packed sauce that makes the roasted cauliflower irresistible.
- Pomegranate Molasses – A drizzle of sweetness cuts through the savory cauliflower and bitter endive making a bite that is well rounded.
- Walnuts – Crunchy walnuts enhance the soft cauliflower and crispy endive.
FAQ & Tahini Cauliflower Endive Boat Tips:
Do I have to use cauliflower?
- Nope. If preferred, you can use any other vegetable or even beans. Broccoli, zucchini, squash, or any root vegetable would work. Additionally, you can also use any canned bean such as garbanzo or cannellini beans would be a great alternative.
What if I can’t find pomegranate molasses?
- Another alternative would be maple syrup or agave. However, you can also use fresh pomegranate arils or even balsamic vinegar with sugar or a reduction.
Mix It Up
- Not a fan of endives? Try using romaine hearts, Boston, or butterhead lettuce instead.
- We recommend storing any extra cauliflower separately from the endive to ensure it retains its crispiness. However, if the boats are already filled, you may just want to eat them in a day or two.
The Ideal Combo of Sweet & Savory
Looking for the ultimate finger food? You’ve found it! These endive boats are super flavorful and just plain fun. Enjoy!
We’d Love Your Feedback
We love seeing when you share our recipes. Please tag us on Instagram @meatlessmakeovers so we can see your fabulous creations. You can also find us on Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
Finally, we’d love to know what you thought of this endive boat recipe! Don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating ⭐️ below. Thank you in advance for your feedback!
A gorgeous vegan appetizer with delicious Middle Eastern flavor. These Tahini Cauliflower Endive Boats with pomegranate molasses are a perfect finger food!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare the ingredients as described above.
- Spread the cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet and drizzle the oil over them. Season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until brown, flipping halfway through for even browning.
- While the cauliflower roasts, make the tahini sauce. In a small bowl, add the tahini and the lemon juice. Stir until smooth. Also, lay out the endive leaves for easy filling.
- Once the cauliflower is browned on all sides, pour the tahini sauce on top and stir to combine.
- Spoon the cauliflower mixture into each “boat”, then top with a few chopped walnuts and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses.
- Finally garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Tahini Cauliflower Endive Boats, Endive Boat Recipe, Vegan Appetizer Recipe