A hearty and delicious plant-based casserole perfect for a family gathering. This vegan creamed corn casserole is comfort food at its finest!
A Plant-Based Dish Everyone Will Enjoy
Being completely plant-based during the holidays is one of the hardest things we have had to deal with since removing all animal products from our diet. Often, family members make dishes that they think you can have, only to find out you cannot due to an innocent oversight. Instead, we like to make and bring this dish to share!
This creamed corn casserole is one of those dishes we grew up on. This vegan version tastes just like the traditional creamed corn casserole. Best yet, everyone can eat and enjoy this nostalgic dish.
A Delicious Vegan Casserole
The fresh crunch of the corn kernels and the creaminess of the cornbread is divine in this satisfying side. But it also has the addition of a jalapeño for a little spice along with red and green bell pepper to add a little color. This is one festive dish that everyone is sure to enjoy!
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season and if you make this dish, please let us know what you think! You can comment down below and leave a rating or you can take a photo and tag us (#meatlessmakeovers) on instagram. Thanks so much and we hope you enjoy this casserole as much as we do!
A filling and delicious vegan creamed corn casserole that will have you reminiscing about your childhood while you go back for seconds!
- 32 oz Fresh, Frozen, or Canned Corn
- 8 oz Corn Bread Mix
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (Minced)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (Minced)
- 1 Small Jalapeño (Minced)
- 1 Cup Vegan Yogurt
- 8oz Vegan Butter (Melted)
- 3 Tbsp Flax Meal
- 9 Tbsp Water
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with cool water. Let soak overnight or boil for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven 350°F. Wash and chop all vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax meal and 9 Tbsp. warm water and set aside.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine all the ingredients for the cashew cream and blend until smooth.
- Coat a 9×12 inch baking dish with a thin layer of olive oil and then place the corn, minced vegetables, yogurt, butter, flax eggs, cream, and corn bread mix. Stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Corn, Creamed, Vegan, Side, Comfort food