Whole Food Ingredients
We absolutely love trying new foods and experimenting with new ingredients. Although we were first introduced to black garlic years ago, we only recently began using it frequently in our day to day recipes and this easy baba ganoush quickly became a household favorite.
Most importantly, this homemade dip is made with healthy whole food ingredients- no preservatives needed. You only need five main ingredients and a food processor or blender to create this spectacular recipe.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Black Garlic – Sweet and packed with umami, black garlic is the star in this easy baba ganoush.
- Eggplant – Smoky and rich, roasted eggplant blends into a yummy dip!
- Lemon – Tart lemon brightens up this flavorful dip.
- Tahini – Nutty tahini, made from sesame seeds, adds a touch of protein.
- Parsley – The earthy and clean taste of parsley is a great topping for this deeply flavorful dip.
- Spices – Cumin and smoked paprika combine to add depth to this tasty appetizer.
Watch: How to Make Black Garlic Baba Ganoush
FAQ & Black Garlic Baba Ganoush Tips:
What does black garlic taste like
- It’s sweet and earthy, and it doesn’t have the sharpness of traditional garlic. Additionally, it has a deep and savory flavor also known as umami.
What size eggplant should you use for this recipe?
- You can either use 1 medium to large sized eggplant or 2 small ones.
Tip: Don’t overblend
- Baba ganoush is traditionally slightly chunky. Subsequently, this provides a perfect consistency and texture for dipping.
Tip: Adjust if needed
- Depending on the size of your eggplant, the proportions might vary slightly. Therefore, if your dip seems dry, you can add a little more oil, tahini, or lemon juice. Additionally, it will also begin to thicken slightly as it sits.
An Easy Homemade Dip
Black garlic lends itself perfectly to this simple baba ganoush recipe. Sweet, smoky, and ready for dipping! Enjoy! 🖤🧄
Finally, if you have made this black garlic baba ganoush, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
A simple homemade baba ganoush recipe featuring umami packed black garlic. It’s sweet and savory, perfect for dipping, and bound to impress!
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Brush the cut sides with a little olive oil and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the eggplant is very soft.
- Allow the eggplant to briefly cool and then scoop out the flesh. Discard the skin.
- Place the eggplant flesh along with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until well incorporated but still slightly chunky.
- Chop the parsley and black garlic for garnish, if using.
- Transfer the baba ganoush to a bowl and top with the optional garnish.
- Serve with pita bread, chips, or fresh cut veggies. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!