This Dandelion & Citrus Spring Salad is light, easy, and absolutely lovely on an early spring day. Plus, it tastes amazing with just about everything so it works great as a side no matter what else is served on the plate.
Here are the 7 ingredients you will need for this refreshing salad…
1. Dandelion greens
3. Two oranges (we used 1 Cara Cara and 1 blood orange)
7. Hemp hearts (optional)
This salad is sure to become a go-to in the spring. Dandelions are the ideal green to compliment and contrast the sweet orange. Some consider dandelion to be rather bitter but I promise you will not feel this way when it is alongside the sweet citrus. Just be sure to chop the dandelion into small bite-sized pieces.
The other key ingredient in this salad is the fennel. It just WORKS with any citrus fruit! It’s SO SO GOOD! We opted for an extra sweet Cara Cara orange but a traditional navel orange will work just as well. Or experiment with other citrus varieties and I’m sure it will taste just as spectacular!
Last but not least, this Dandelion & Citrus Spring Salad is a sensory overload thanks to the crunchy fennel, creamy avocado, and juicy orange. Your mouth won’t know what hit it!
Spring is the time of year to welcome fresh food that has been dormant or nonexistent on your plate. No matter what, this Dandelion & Citrus Spring Salad is sure to please those taste buds that have been patiently waiting for something bright and cheery. Happy crunching!
- 1 Bunch Fresh Dandelion Greens (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Fennel (Halved and Sliced Thin)
- 2 Oranges (Peeled and Sliced- We used 1 Blood orange and 1 Cara Cara orange)
- 1 Small Radicchio (Chopped)
- 1 Avocado (Cubed)
- 2 Tbsp. Hemp Hearts
- Raw Almonds (slivered)
- Wash and prepare all of the ingredients as directed above.
- In a large bowl or platter, start by adding the dandelion greens.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients and top with the hemp hearts and slivered almonds.
- Serve Immediately.