Oh my goodness! If you love earl grey tea, you are going to adore this Earl Grey Sidecar Cocktail!
Sidecars are a classic cocktail traditionally made with cognac, orange liqueur, and lemon juice. But for this drink, we infused the cognac with earl grey tea and opted for orange juice rather than lemon to compliment the tea.
Wow! This drink is strong and mighty! Not only does one get a kick of energy from the caffeine but the cognac is also a strong and vibrant liquor especially when infused with the tea.
But don’t think you have to be a burly man to enjoy this drink! The sweet orange juice and just a touch of agave syrup rounds out this Earl Grey Sidecar Cocktail incredibly well. It is robust but absolutely delicious!
If you love the flavor of earl grey and have been looking for a new creative cocktail to try, you NEED to shake up this beauty. Then, simply garnish with a slice of orange and you have a truly beautiful and scrumptious drink for your next Friday. Happy sipping!
Earl Grey Sidecar Cocktail
Author: Meatless Makeovers
Recipe type: Fun Drink Friday
- 3 oz Cognac
- 2 Earl Grey Tea Bags
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- Pour the cognac into a glass and submerge the tea bags. Allow them to steep for 15-20 minutes. Discard the tea bags when finished.
- Place your drinkware into the freezer to chill before serving.
- In a cocktail shaker ½ filled with ice, pour the infused cognac and the rest of the drink ingredients.
- Cover and shake the drink until chilled and well mixed.
- Pour the drink into your chilled glasses. Garnish with orange slices if desired.