A quick and flavorful homemade hummus that will have you licking your lips. This Extra Creamy Moroccan Hummus features a complex and aromatic spice blend that’s perfect for dipping!
A Moroccan Spice Blend
The main ingredient in this Moroccan flavored hummus is Ras el Hanout. This essential spice mix features cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, turmeric, and black peppercorn which creates an aromatic experience with a balanced flavor profile.
For this hummus, we allow this “top shelf” spice blend to shine by only mixing it with smoked paprika. But don’t worry, that really is all you need!
An Extra Luscious Condiment
This homemade hummus is extra creamy and dreamy. With a couple of easy techniques you can have restaurant worthy hummus without unnecessary oil or tahini at home.
- Step One: Remove the skins from the chickpeas as best you can.
- Step Two: Add 2-3 ice cubes while blending.
- Step Three: Enjoy the creamiest hummus EVER!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Chickpeas – Packed with protein, chickpeas blend into an amazing condiment.
- Tahini – Smooth and tangy tahini helps give this hummus an irresistible texture.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is a must for hummus.
- Lemon – The juice of two lemons brightens up this hummus.
- Ras el Hanout – This spice blend is bursting with flavor and lends itself perfectly to this hummus.
- Smoked Paprika – Smoked paprika gives a big smoky flavor and beautiful color.
- Ice – This secret weapon helps to make this hummus creamy.
FAQ & Extra Creamy Moroccan Hummus Tips:
Is there a possible substitute for Ras el Hanout?
- If you cannot find this blend, we recommend making your own. Here is an easy Ras el Hanout recipe from Allrecipe.com that can be whipped up at home.
What should I serve with this Moroccan hummus?
- The flavors in this recipe are best enjoyed with a simple dipper. Therefore, we recommend serving this hummus with fresh pita bread or freshly chopped vegetables.
Remove the skins from your chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
- Although this might seem tedious, it really does have an impact on the creaminess of the hummus. We highly recommend not skipping this step!
Gradually add the aquafaba
- While blending the ingredients, slowly add the aquafaba to ensure that the hummus emulsifies to your desired consistency.
A Unique Hummus to Make Again and Again!
This is truly one of the best hummus recipes. If you are looking for a new take on an old classic, we can’t recommend this Moroccan flavored hummus enough. Enjoy!
We love seeing when you share our recipes! Please tag us on Instagram @meatlessmakeovers so we can see your fabulous creations. You can also find us on Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
We’d love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating ⭐️ below! Thank you in advance for your feedback!
A quick and flavorful homemade hummus with big flavor– this Extra Creamy Moroccan Hummus features a complex and aromatic spice blend that’s perfect for dipping!
- 8 oz or 1/2 Can Chickpeas (Rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Ras el Hanout
- 1 1/2 16 oz Cans Chickpeas (Rinsed, Liquid Reserved)
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Ras el Hanout
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Lemons (Juiced)
- 3 Ice Cubes
- 1/16 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread half of a can of rinsed chickpeas to a baking sheet along with 1 Tbsp of oil and 2 tsp of ras el hanout. Stir to combine. Bake for 15-20 minutes stirring once or twice until the chickpeas are crispy.
- In a blender add the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, spices and lemon juice. Blend on high, scraping the sides if needed until the hummus is smooth. Add the reserved chickpea liquid one Tbsp at a time if your hummus is too dry.
- Next add the ice cubes to the blender and blend on high for 1 minute or until the ice is gone.
- Transfer the hummus to a plate or bowl and garnish with crispy chickpeas, a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of smoked paprika, if desired. Enjoy with fresh pita, chopped vegetables, or crackers.
- Leftover hummus can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Extra Creamy Moroccan Hummus, Moroccan Hummus Recipe, Extra Creamy Homemade Hummus Recipe